$1 Million Usd To Spend In Bsas - How Long Can It Last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you are, musicman, 1 million US$ spare cash lasts you a long time. The ratio is 16 to 1, that gives you 16 million pesos. Since you already have your own apartment, all you need to pay is food and prostitutes, male or female. At a burn rate of half million pesos a year, 1 million us$ is good for 32 years. So no need to worry about daily expenses.

PS: please could the usual old boring BA expats (generally males and exUSA) refrain from giving me their boring unsolicited opinions. I am not interested to hear the recommendations of old retired Americans. If you happen to be one of those please don't waste your time with a reply.

I would rather hear from younger Argentineans/Americans/Europeans who have a more open mind and less dogmatic view on expat life in Argentina.

It's ironic that the old, boring, obviously male troll doesn't want to hear from the old, boring, mostly male BAXPats.

Get some new material Music. At least the Ferrari bullshit story had slight amount of creativity.

You can do better. Your public awaits.

EJLarson, here's an investment option that not only is profitable, but you also save a the only Nigerian astronaut:
http://www.anorak.co.uk/428124/money/nigerian-astronaut-lost-in-space-needs-3m-to-get-home-could-be-a-scam.html/
Bring Mr. Tunde home! :)

Thank you so much for not being selfish and taking this opportunity for your own. My pledge to you is that, when I receive the three million, I will set up a trust fund for the Coffee Chats so that no one will ever have to buy their own drinks again! As a bonus I'll invite the freed astronaut to come and give his thanks personally to the whole group.

And there will be empanadas!

That is my pledge.

PS: please could the usual old boring BA expats (generally males and exUSA) refrain from giving me their boring unsolicited opinions. I am not interested to hear the recommendations of old retired Americans. If you happen to be one of those please don't waste your time with a reply.

I would rather hear from younger Argentineans/Americans/Europeans who have a more open mind and less dogmatic view on expat life in Argentina.

Forming two factions on BAExpats I see, the retired (which means boring of course) and the young Arg/European/Americans (you you other youngsters naff off). Does that mean we need another coffee chat for the young crowd, I reccomend a strip club, and afterwards we can beat up some locals and write our names on walls.

Can we request Mr Music man to reveal his age? Then we can decide whether we need to inroduce him to the young ( 20's/ early 30's) or middle aged ( late 30s- mid 40's) or oldies ( 50 Plus) crowd and accordingly request their feedback to him.

Can we request Mr Music man to reveal his age? Then we can decide whether we need to inroduce him to the young ( 20's/ early 30's) or middle aged ( late 30s- mid 40's) or oldies ( 50 Plus) crowd and accordingly request their feedback to him.

Check out the first post in this thread:

Is $2 Million Usd Enough To Retire With In Argentina?

I have some savings set by and now that I just reached 50 I was thinking about retiring soon and wanted to get some expat feedback on how much money one would need to live a comfortable retirement in Buenos Aires ?

Would my couple of million bucks be enough for myself and my wife? How are the other expat retirees experience with managing finances in retirement? How much is needed each month to live going out a weekends for a decent meal in average restaurant?

At that point MM was asking if two million would be enough $ to retire in BA with his wife. Now he is asking how long one million will last him before he has to find a job. Perhaps the "recently finished a project here in the USA that has left me (him) with $1 million USD spare cash in the bank" was fighting a losing battle in divorce court with his now ex-wife for half his assets?

Once they know you are over 50 and have a million bucks, younger Argentineans/Americans/Europeans will just want to know if you are willing to spend any of it on them.

After all, don't futbol agents who live in penthouse apartments with helipads usually pick up the check?
emo32.gif

I would ask again that retired Americans please refrain from responding with any unsolicited advice as per my original posting. I am sure there are more interesting things you could be doing with your spare time like coordinating a cheese and wine tasting somewhere or (god forbid) a coffee meet up. (big yawn)

Meantime I am interested to know what the younger working generations think about the cost of living in BA and their opinions on how long $1 million USD will last in the city. What are the cool things to do in BA at weekends these days?

Thanks,
MM

I would ask again that retired Americans please refrain from responding with any unsolicited advice as per my original posting. I am sure there are more interesting things you could be doing with your spare time like coordinating a cheese and wine tasting somewhere or (god forbid) a coffee meet up. (big yawn)

Meantime I am interested to know what the younger working generations think about the cost of living in BA and their opinions on how long $1 million USD will last in the city. What are the cool things to do in BA at weekends these days?

Thanks,
MM

Unfortunately for me it makes me uncomfortable seeing you embarrass yourself so much, so I am going to give you a little advice (being young myself). No one on here, including young people, will help you with that attitude. Everyone on here helps each other when they have knowledge to give, regardless of age. No one is going to want to help someone who disrespects a significant portion of the forum right off the bat. Besides, if you don't like coffee and wine, why in the world would you go to Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back