10 Favorite Foods Of Argentinos....!!

I had lunch yesterday with a friend born in Mar del Plata but raised in California and NYC. She's visit for a few days and we were walking around Recoleta and she asked me where the restaurants were. It's full of them, I told here. "These aren't real restaurants, these are confitería," she replied. We settled on La Beibeca and I was laughing at the situation. She, an Argentine, complaining that there's no real food here, just confiterías with milanesa con fritas, pollo al horno con papas, raviolis al tuco, y matambre. The only "real" restaurant she enjoyed was La Brigada. I had to agree. It's really good.

hard-boiled eggs, my friends. It's a subtle thing, but hard-boiled egg is a very popular suplementary ingredient for pizza, empanadas, salads, and a general filler for any situation.

And bread. Bread with everything - white, processed, hard to digest bread - they love it.

No, the crema is excessively sweet for me.

11.jpg

not even these??

PIZZA-DE-MORRONES-Y-JAM%C3%93N.jpg

Any pizzeria with real options for toppings? Nothing wrong with the above but it's either that, the same without the red peppers, or the one that has all the onions on it. Oh wait, there's the one with anchovies big enough to be sardines. I want pepperoni and mushrooms, I want a meatlovers.

Back