$100 Peso Pizza A New Record....!! Viva La Pizza.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I found some real cheddar last year in Belgrano inside the complex at Ciudad de la Paz and Juramento.[/background]

My suitcase. I always bring fresh Mozzerella , Parmesean , Vermont Chedder , Swiss, etc....

I am almost out ! :( I go back to the states every few months.

I paid $120 for a large rucula y jamon crudo pizza from Kentucky a few days ago. Was craving it but soooo expensive.

Now, are we talking about cheddar, as in English Cheddar? They really should apply for protected status as there is so much muck (no exception in North America!) masquerading as Cheddar around the globe.

I humbly suggest that English & Welsh cheeses are very under rated by the rest of Europe, there are also a handful of very decent Irish cheeses (although sadly we are abusers of the good name of cheddar also), but the real deal is unequalled anywhere . Lamentably Cheddar´s good name has become a byward for generic cheese of any colour between yellow and orange and any taste between processed gloop to stale bitter breezeblocks.

The local variety here is the most toe curlingly awful Cheddar I have ever tasted. I pretend not to here when offered ´cheddar´ here.

ps..mozzarella balls (not the yellow nonsense you get in supermarkets) for 32pesos yesterday in a deli on Fed. Lacroze nr Olleros subte yesterday. V good in tomato, mozzarella and Basil salad. Where fairly fresh and reasonable tasting.

Riomaggiore , Cinque Terre. On the coast near Portofino. In La Spezia , I get a big slice ( taglio ) AND a beer for 7 Euros. But the trains at least run on time. More or less. And no one has been arrested for corruption there in 2 years !!

I do have very good friends in Brescia , and have had good Pizza there as well.

I actually make my own dough , use imported cheese , fresh topping and NO OLIVES on my homemade pizza. Please do not tell the Argentina Pizza Police , as I know this is against the rules here. If they are monitoring this site , I am in big trouble.

As you should be, A pizza without olives is just well, not a pizza.

With you there on cheddar Dublin.
The amount of times I have to berate Adri when she pulls out a pack of processed cheese slivers and says 'Would you like some cheddar?'
Where can you get a really powerful cheese over here anyway?

I dunno gringoboy, some of the pricier roquefort isn´t too bad. It´s not a patch on a good stilton or wicklow blue of course. Am trying to stay away from eating too much cheese (have to fit into the suits I bought last year!) until the home made pickled onions & chillis are ready again in June. I´ll be on the look out for something cheddar-eque to accompany them with.

I believe i have had the same conversation re: cheddar with my wife. I was told to stop berating Argentine cheese and put back in my box! Now I have to take my cheddary frustrations online !

They say eating cheese gives you nightmares...there's a joke in there somewhere.

Back