14 Food Reasons Argentines Are Better At Life

The Japanese bread crumbs "panko" are coarser than French or Italian bread crumbs. How do Argentine bread crumbs compare?

I lack of knowledge on panko. Is it sold here, too? I'll try to make it at home, anyway! It looks like there is no bread crust in panko, just the soft part.
Definitely up for a nice crispy crust!

Argentinian breadcrumbs I saw on the milanesas I was force fed are just like the Italian ones. I think I saw pan rallado at the supermarket and it looked just like the one sold back home.
However the milanesas I had (like the pizza milanesa I posted) had a terribly brown tanning (I refuse to call that a crust... it is not even crispy). I suppose they recycle too much the oil/butter/lard (don't know what they used, honestly) and that sure calls for a terrible digestion.

I buy pechuga de pollo at the local butcher, rinse it under cold water, and then bread it using crackers I ran through the blender. No eggs or milk or anything, though I do add a pinch of ground cumin and oregano. The breading is as thin as I can make it, and simply serves to keep the moisture in. (Back in the day, chicken came on the bone and with the skin, which kept it moist while being cooked with no need for breading)

A hot oven, a pyrex baking dish, and in half an hour, dinner is ready.

Reactions: Joe
Only an Argentine could look at those two pieces of meat (tomato notwithstanding) and say they are the same. And even after José specifically pointed out the difference in the breading!

And then Hadrian digs himself into an even deeper culinary hole by trying to compare the lead-laden empanada argentina to the heavenly gyoza. Quit while you're behind dude.

Well, I've never been to Japan so I can't tell how that food tastes but, for the pictures I've just seen and the descriptions I've read, it sucks to my taste cause I like crispy stuff. That gyoza thing is nowhere near empanadas. It goes with some sauce on them... WTF? It seems to me that you are comparing apple to oranges my friend. Perhaps I'm wrong, since again, I've never tried that thing.
And I can't believe so many people complain about milanesa and then enjoy KFC or McDonalds... that's beyond my comprehension. I understand the local places that sell milanesas are full of cheap bastards who cut a very thin slice of meat to make the milanesa and then fry it in oil that's at least two years old. That sucks. Milanesa is nowhere the best food in the world, but I enjoy a nice homemade milanesa, even if my culinary experiences are quite limited.
Now I'll better quit because EdRooney, aka "the greek god of food", tells me so.

I found Panko in china town. Also another product that we use is motza meal, We get it at Ostramar, also at Correfors.
Nancy

There's a very serious issue with rinsing chicken under running water. There are better methods.

Joe-san is right on the ball, a Gaijin that has assimilated the Japanese culture and its essence quite well !

Tempura deep frying uses flower powder and anything that ends with "katsu" such as the Tonkatsu,(pork) Gyukatsu,(beef)
uses bread crumbs ( only the white parts ) not the skins. The Japanese cooks likes to use the white parrt of softer crumbs
but when the morsels comes out of frying hot oil, it will come out with an even feel in your-mouth-as cruchy and delicate.
We not only digest things that looks great on the plate but the palate feel when you chewing it has to accompany any Japanese dish.
We cherish, what is called succulent and al-dente too.

Isadora, you would love the cancione Italiana whilst video comes to show! The first link is for the Pork.
https://www.youtube....h?v=-n29r4V8q_o
The second one is for the beef, or Japanese (beef) Milanesa done by, a Brazilian Nisei chef. Hey Camberiu are you watching!
https://www.youtube....h?v=F8FNVxXkywc

Most important, how to make the perfect "Tempura"
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Tempura

Reactions: Joe
Back