14 Food Reasons Argentines Are Better At Life

That photo shows whole chicken being immersed in the sink. I think Red meant taking a single breast part of chicken meat and holding it under the running water closer to faucet and held in his hand without touching the sink surface. I use this method only !

The method you mention is what causes the back splash. I suggest you read the article and not only see the picture.

You've convinced me IG, I'll never wash chicken again. When I think about it the chicken grease that get on your hand is hard to wash off and some of the splatter may make it onto your forearm, face, etc. Or else you need to dress up like Dexter before he puts someone on his table - the guy's a spatter expert.

BTW, who's up for going down and getting some nice shrimp and veggie tempura at Hybrid-san's resto tonight? Wash it down with a nice Argentine Torrontes!

3294984965_1090857274.jpg

The method you mention is what causes the back splash. I suggest you read the article and not only see the picture.

I suppose each of us must make up his/her mind where to draw the line on such issues. But a line must be drawn somewhere, or you wind up like Howard Hughes, answering the telephone with a kleenex, (yes, that was a reductio ad absurdum).

Germs are all around us - there's chicken crap on the shells of the eggs you fry for breakfast, germs on your GF's lips, everywhere. But are you going to stop eating eggs, or kissing your girlfriend? Personally, based upon what I learned in food safety classes, I'd rather rinse the chicken than not.

This Chicken Washing Feud has gone on too far when it starts making aspersions that my GF's lips have germs on them. I am not a Cocu!

You've convinced me IG, I'll never wash chicken again. When I think about it the chicken grease that get on your hand is hard to wash off and some of the splatter may make it onto your forearm, face, etc. Or else you need to dress up like Dexter before he puts someone on his table - the guy's a spatter expert.

BTW, who's up for going down and getting some nice shrimp and veggie tempura at Hybrid-san's resto tonight? Wash it down with a nice Argentine Torrontes!

3294984965_1090857274.jpg

Hey Joe-san, the Veggie Tempura above is way too little in volume. If I serve the stingy pieced veggie Tempura trhere, thinking getting mobbed by the hungry Argie clienteles of mine. Even when making the Tempuras for my consumption, the volume must be twice that shown on your ordered Tempura. It must have been in El Restaurante Osaka in Bs As right?

Hey Joe-san, the Veggie Tempura above is way too little in volume. If I serve the stingy pieced veggie Tempura trhere, thinking getting mobbed by the hungry Argie clienteles of mine. Even when making the Tempuras for my consumption, the volume must be twice that shown on your ordered Tempura. It must have been in El Restaurante Osaka in Bs As right?
All the ethnic restaurants here serve very small portions. For example in a Mexican restaurant instead of getting a big plate with entree and rice and beans, the rice and beans will be in these tiny paper cups - like you get at a pharmacy to wash down a pill. It always seem strange to me because dry beans and rice are cheap but they give you a tiny portion - very unlike the big heap of mashed potatoes they serve with your milanesa.

All the ethnic restaurants here serve very small portions. For example in a Mexican restaurant instead of getting a big plate with entree and rice and beans, the rice and beans will be in these tiny paper cups - like you get at a pharmacy to wash down a pill. It always seem strange to me because dry beans and rice are cheap but they give you a tiny portion - very unlike the big heap of mashed potatoes they serve with your milanesa.

Whhoom, then I have to re-adjust my food cost yield from 45% down to 10 % a la Sushi's ! Oh well, after all I am not for the money
making but have a bunch of happy repeater that shows up every night for the good Sake and Shochus !

On the bright side, it means a smaller intake of bad quasi-Mexican food.

I suppose each of us must make up his/her mind where to draw the line on such issues. But a line must be drawn somewhere, or you wind up like Howard Hughes, answering the telephone with a kleenex, (yes, that was a reductio ad absurdum).

Germs are all around us - there's chicken crap on the shells of the eggs you fry for breakfast, germs on your GF's lips, everywhere. But are you going to stop eating eggs, or kissing your girlfriend? Personally, based upon what I learned in food safety classes, I'd rather rinse the chicken than not.

I confess I'm a neat freak. I never touch handrails anywhere. I have Lysol lying around everywhere, and I compulsively wash my hands. Also wear latex gloves to take out the trash or to scrub the toilet. That said, I never said chicken shouldn't be rinsed or washed. Just do it in a bowl full of water, not running water. It will minimize splatter.

Back