18A Cacerolazo

John.St

Registered
I have just seen a poster about the next Cacerolazo, Thursday 18 April @ 20:00 en todo el país.

It will be interesting to see how many will show up.

Not sure that's enough warning for the usual crowd to rush back from Miami and pull their minks out of storage. Maybe we should make it after Polo season ends?

Yup, got an email the other day to spread the word. It's supposed to be another 8N, pot banging and everything.

I have just seen a poster about the next Cacerolazo, Thursday 18 April @ 20:00 en todo el país.

It will be interesting to see how many will show up.

Okay, let me be the first to ask. What is a Cacerolazo? No answer in google translate. If I know what it is maybe I'll participate.

A (massive) protest with people who are angry/discontent about something, normally the national government and are banging pans with a spoon.

This form of protest is tipical Argentine and became famous after 70% of all deposit were lost in 2001

The last time estimates are there were about 200.000 people at 9 de julio and many more at the same time at different parts of the country

The last time estimates are there were about 200.000 people at 9 de julio and many more at the same time at different parts of the country

And 5,000,000 people voted for Menem in 2003.

7500 confirmed in attendance, 100.000 invited

There are still about 2 weeks but I think there were like 40.000 and 500.000 for 11N

That only goes to show how lowly they rated 'el tuerto'

El Tuerto is that guy that stood for national office 2 times and lost both times

You are right that 'El Tuerto' in 2003 was not only a wildcard, but was even worse: a willing collaborator of Menemista privatisations. That wasn't my point though.

The point is that even after the greatest proof ever that a horrendous idea has failed, you will still have at least have 5 million boludos who want to continue with the dumb policies of the past. Thus the fact that you can get a tenth of them into the street to bang on designer bundt cake moulds should surprise no one.

Back