Cacerolazo (April)

Gringoboy

Registered
Created a new thread so we can acquire on the spot reports from roving expats wherever we are.
Fairly quiet here in Olivos at 1850 as I imagine most people are putting on their war faces.
Her majesty appears to have flown the nest a day early.
No surprise there then.

We live on Callao and arenales, literally one block from Santa Fe! Pot banging, chanting and people a full!!!!! Started earlier then expected, and I'm sure these means there will be an excellent turn out!
We are joining in on the action soon!

Just my thoughts...

That is quietly eloquent but, unfortunately, there's no institutional alternative to today's protests. I would hope they'd be as constructively good-natured as November's were.

That is quietly eloquent but, unfortunately, there's no institutional alternative to today's protests. I would hope they'd be as constructively good-natured as November's were.

You missed the point of the video.

On TN just now, they said that one of the signs said, "The People Demand Respect." The point of that video is to say that so many demand respect from the government, but so many aren't willing to show any respect of their own. In other words, these protests are pretty useless until people start demanding themselves to show some respect--the político de turno doesn't matter. The video gives various examples, and, even though it was made in 2009, they all apply in 2013.

See you there Gringoboy !! Off to the Quinta !!

Viva Argentina !!

Your missing a bigger point Bradly. This government has gone beyond the mandate it was given, for many economic mismanagement and populist interference in the judiciary are serious enough to jeopardise the Argentine Republic.

You can dress it up in whichever semantics that comfort you, however the above is why I and many of my peers will be on the streets tonight. We want our feelings to be known.

You missed the point of the video.

On TN just now, they said that one of the signs said, "The People Demand Respect." The point of that video is to say that so many demand respect from the government, but so many aren't willing to show any respect of their own. In other words, these protests are pretty useless until people start demanding themselves to show some respect--the político de turno doesn't matter. The video gives various examples, and, even though it was made in 2009, they all apply in 2013.

I agree that Argentines need to be more self-critical but, for better or worse, the November cacerolazo was about as constructive as Argentine politics gets.

Back