Cacerolazo This Thursday, April 18Th. Get Out Your Pans!

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Saw posters along Av. Santa Fe last week: BASTA! #18A.

Just got this (below) from the US Embassy. See you at Santa Fe and Callao ... with my pots and my kids!

Dear U.S. Citizen:

A “Cacerolazo” protest focused on a range of domestic issues and generally directed against the Argentine government is expected to occur the evening of April 18, 2013. The main gathering points will be the intersection of Avenues Santa Fe and Callao, Plaza de Mayo, Corrientes y Pueyrredon and possibly also the area around the Obelisk; however, other protesters may gather in Belgrano, Palermo, Flores, Liniers, Nunez, Olivos, Caballito, Retiro, and Recoleta. While the protests likely will be focused in Buenos Aires, similar demonstrations also may take place countrywide. While there currently is no information to suggest a counter-rally, pro-government groups potentially could stage counterdemonstrations.

Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.

Thanks GS, I was already planning to go with a group of Argentine friends. The build up to the march is coming along nicely, the present attempt by this so called national government to take full control of the judiciary & it's current money laundering scandal should rile up a few more. It is the duty of very Argentine to stand up and be counted against this very very dark, evil & organized Kriminal group of individuals who are hell bent on destroying this country.

How funny, I still remember 2001, when the poor used to bang their pans and pots because they could not fill it with anything, they were claiming for food, work and dignity with unemployment hitting 28% and poverty 52%. Today we see the upper middle class banging their pots because they cannot buy dollars (when the currency in this country is the PESO).

Thanks god it is only a minority and soon will be forgotten.

How funny, I still remember 2001, when the poor used to bang their pans and pots because they could not fill it with anything, they were claiming for food, work and dignity with unemployment hitting 28% and poverty 52%. Today we see the upper middle class banging their pots because they cannot buy dollars (when the currency in this country is the PESO).

So because these people aren't poor they don't have the right to protest against a corrupt government that wants even more power?

Idiot.

So you want to wait to that point until people are permitted to protest???

These particular accounts you are referring to, are the K versions of el spambot, automatically deployed by advanced computer systems.

So because these people aren't poor they don't have the right to protest against a corrupt government that wants even more power?

Idiot.

You see? Every time I have an argument or put a comment, people from the ''opposition'' insults me. But they never have a proposition or a plan. Just insults.

Do you have evidence any evidence to say this government is corrupt or want more power? Or you just read it on Clarin?

So you want to wait to that point until people are permitted to protest???

Not at all, every citizen has the right to protest in this great country. But I just find it funny the way they do it. I doubt the do not have anything to put in their pots and pans.

You see? Every time I have an argument or put a comment, people from the ''opposition'' insults me. But they never have a proposition or a plan. Just insults.

Do you have evidence any evidence to say this government is corrupt or want more power? Or you just read it on Clarin?

Hahaha, have you been reading the news lately?

If you don't like the insults perhaps don't post rubbish?

Back