18A Cacerolazo

Not sure that's enough warning for the usual crowd to rush back from Miami and pull their minks out of storage. Maybe we should make it after Polo season ends?

After the disaster it's quite clear where the modest politician spend there easter holiday. Cristina even forgot to take off her 55000 dollar rolex for the occasion

Are we all as angry as we were on Nov 8?
And did that march have any effect?
From what I can see, the K's were not even shaken.
The exchange controls have hardened, imports are a lottery, security is exactly the same and the same faces wield yet more power.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be at the Quinta at the next cacerolazo with my Gucci frying pan.
But surely a more effective opposition needs to crystallise and bring itself to the fore?

The exchange controls have hardened, imports are a lottery, security is exactly the same and the same faces wield yet more power.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be at the Quinta at the next cacerolazo with my Gucci frying pan.
But surely a more effective opposition needs to crystallise and bring itself to the fore?

Will be hard with elections still 6 months away, but a Caceralazo could help shoot an oposition member to power if he/she can use the discontent

second mandate of Cristina (in no particular order)

1: Once
2: La Plata
3: importcontrols
4: Cepo cambiario
5: 20% surcharge
6: No real change in security
7: No change in inflation, but salaries lower
8: Re-re-election talk
9: Economy flat, people getting fired especially in multinationals and construction
10: Libertad embarago for 3 months
11: Loss after loss in NY court, with a real posibility this will be ended before the elections
12: Labour unrest, when in her first mandate unions were her best friend and main power base
13: Court decision about Mariano Fereyra(this did happen in her first mandate but could posibly have an big political effect)
14: Ensenada YPF refenery burnt down which will lead to about 15% spike in imports on national level(first estimates) which could be another 3 billion added to the import bill

I didn't find the November 8 cacerolazo to be angry. Rather, I thought it was serious but good-natured.

And I am pretty sure there will be another LaPlata/Once within the next 6 months, stupid things that could have been avioded keep happening, but then again Cristina will wait till august/september and give away free money to her K friends and that will defenitly help

La Plata was an act of God albeit exacerbated by a hopeless infrastructure.

Back