2.5 kilos of blueberries for 60 pesos. Any takers?

2GuysInPM said:
Back in october 2011, AFIP established export prices for "arandanos rojos" (cranberries). So, if they are controlling them, someone must be producing. From what I've read on the internetz, production is small and done in southern Argentina and Chile. Source: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=afip+exportacion+"arandanos+rojos"

did you actually read any of thearticles? the price is for a group of fruits, among which arándanos rojos are included. that doesn't mean there's an "export boom" or anything like that

guess its like calling lemos and oranges citrus.
regarding your reply to 2guysPM:
there certainly is more of a market than there ever was here...

Ok , i read an entry in wikipedia.
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccinium ( i know you like bibliographical citations)
Vaccinium refers to a shrub.
It also mentions that arandano ROJO , is considered by some to be a completely different genus.
Color me amongst that group.
Regarding confusion caused by argentines naming things willy nilly.
I came to consult sources because i had the very same situation:
On my property , have had to clear some species of trees and plants that have grown as an invasive species, and were not natural to the original landscaping this property had.
Among them were what "informed" locals call Acacia Blanca , and Acacia Negra.
They are both trees , they are both rather green , they both have leaves , they both have spines.
Ony difference is that one is not an accacia at all . The latter is classified as pseudoacacia.
SO. one is great for firewood , one is great for fenceposts. understand where Im going ? Go buy firewood , go buy fenceposts , and what the gaucho will tell you is " es acacia" . The uninformed might buy it . If you are one that took it upon yourself to educate yourself on the issue , it would be more difficult for that fella to sell you " gato por liebre"

Fabe said:
guess its like calling lemos and oranges citrus.
regarding your reply to 2guysPM:
there certainly is more of a market than there ever was here...

No, Fabe, it isn't. That wouldn't be correct. However, you're welcome to check dictionaries. There's no other word for cranberries in Spanish.

bebero said:
did you actually read any of thearticles? the price is for a group of fruits, among which arándanos rojos are included. that doesn't mean there's an "export boom" or anything like that

uh, I did not say there was an "export boom", or active production for that matter. read again. I just stated that the AFIP established an export price of USD$14 for "arandanos rojos" in october '11. That in itself implies local production of some kind as it is unlikely they control prices for things that are not produced here. But hey, this is argentina so anything is posible. Regarding production, there's more than a few articles online stating "arandanos rojos" are produced in the south of Argentina and Chile. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen. Google is your friend. ;)

Arandanos are blueberries of small size.
Moras are those of large size, I think.
I have a mora tree in my week end home

Blueberries are in season and they're called arandanos and are all over the place here in Belgrano. Never seen cranberries here in Buenos Aires.

Mora is a mullberry. I have 3 kinds here , blue/black , red and white. The white ones are best, they dont stain .
Blackhand. you being the authority on what is ignorant.
I was wondering when you were gonna chime in ......

Back