2 tourists shot outside Faena Hotel P. Madero

Another gang member was caught trying to exit Argentina in La Quiaca. Upon scanning his passport, a WANTED sign sprung up and he was arrested. He's the owner of the red car seen waiting near the Faena Hotel.

What a tragedy. It was a father and son who had just arrived at Eze. The father didn’t survive. The police are checking CC tv cameras to try to ID the culprits.

One time I was stopped by a bunch of Gendarmeria on the Sunday morning during a walk in some barrio, they asked for my ID and told me there is lots of police in Argentina but that none of them do their job, and as the man said that to me, the rest of his fellow policemen started laughing as they were playing on their smartphones. That's what you get out of Argentine police professionalism. Later that day, I saw the same police car parked in the same secluded spot and the policemen inside were busy eating something and talking loud, they obvious haven't done anything that day and nobody ever held them accountable for such a waste of resources. Sad.

The saga continues.....

"... last Friday there was another British tourist held up, in Teodoro Garcia and Villanueva. A passing guy on a motorcycle chased the motochorro, hit him with his helmet, and knocked him off the bike. Bystanders then held him until the police arrived. He was Venezuelan - checking his phone and social web connections they found the rest of the gang."

The police traced many calls to the gang's hideout in Ciudadela. While they were searching it, the murderer's girlfriend showed up to pick up her belongings. When questioned, she showed the Police a photo of her boyfriend, and said they had entered Argentina from Bolivia, through an illegal crossing point in Salta. The police figured they might try to leave the same way. So they canvassed all bus companies for any Venezuelans traveling to Salta, and located the bus the three guys were on. The bus was stopped, and the three guys were detained before escaping to Bolivia.

Amazing efficiency.....!
if it was last friday that was before the murder the last weekend wasn't it .....

I am just stating the facts STS did you read the article a 300 percent increase in robberies in 2018 in Puerto Madero . This is a indicator that crime can happen anywhere in the city and also belies the lie that Buenos Aires was safer in the last 4 years . In my experience I have found the streets of Buenos Aires seem much more edgy these days . If poverty increases crime will also

By the way I am a realist not a cultista and do not follow Peronismo nor have one left wing bone in my body . Macri imho implemented polices that were completely anti business and anti capitalism and for this reason I found his administration appallling that has now created the situation that we are in now that Argentina could turn to the deep left which imho is folly at best . I am a moderate and conservative and wish to live in a country that respects human values and potential .

Correct me if i am wrong but i think you own a house in Athens. I don't know where in Athens but it doesn't matter at all. But i would like to know would you consider Athens more safe than BA?

Correct me if i am wrong but i think you own a house in Athens. I don't know where in Athens but it doesn't matter at all. But i would like to know would you consider Athens more safe than BA?

You are wrong I do not own a house in Athens. What I do know from many people is that Athens is one of the safest cities of Europe even though crime did go up in the last years.

Not likely they were followed from the Airport..! The Best spot to grab expensive stuff is at the door of the Faena, makes you a target.
Why so many chorros ? maybe they were hired to do a hit job, sicarios?

All this looks more like a pay job with a clear target, than motochorros. Way to many of them and really organized for it to be normal, and the target was to specific, and they try to do this in puerto madero, unless they had some info on this people and the content of that notebook, it seems to much coincidence for me. In any case really good job from the city police catching them so quickly.

...but how do you know the individuals that got caught are the ring leaders ......?
oh right. Maybe there is a Mr or Mrs Big still to be caught? The newspapers said that the police caught the man who organised all the logistics and cars and coordinated the robberies. There might be an organisation like Specta in 007 movies orchestrating things especially if this millionaire was a Goldfinger treading on their toes. Its true his 'stepson' looks more like a trained bodygaurd than anything else.... The plot thickens.

All this looks more like a pay job with a clear target, than motochorros. Way to many of them and really organized for it to be normal, and the target was to specific, and they try to do this in puerto madero, unless they had some info on this people and the content of that notebook, it seems to much coincidence for me. In any case really good job from the city police catching them so quickly.
Definitely a latin American mafia job. Maybe he was carrying info for Morales?

Back