20 De Diciembre..dia De Saqueous??

Last night I saw people burning a couch in the streets, scattered fires, protests, police driving around like maniacs trying to control everything, and other frightening things. My sister-in-law had a window broken because she drives by the villa on the way to work, and they threw a big rock at her car. I recommend that if you can today, that you stay inside as much as possible. Actually, I recommend you do that until the 1st.

December is always a tough month in Argentina. I always insist to my family to not visit for Christmas, but they did again this year.
Keep in mind that after the holidays no one wants to cause any trouble and everyone goes on vacation, etc and things calm down.
I also think there is a lot of "fanning the flames": you say there will be riots and then riots happen because everyone assumes they will happen.
I was listening to the Clarin radio today and they actually have a micro-spot that (not sure how to say it in English, is is 5 seconds of music that separates one segment for another) that says "the appocolypse is here!"
So people begin to believe it and then act on it.
Yes, exactly what I was inferring.
The Clarin Group has a lot to answer for in this respect.

Doesn't matter if its as bad as 2001 or not. People still remember that the government screwed them over. There is a lot of paranoia now and for good reason. I wouldn't trust folks after constantly getting stabbed in the back by them either. What, people should just sing Kumbaya because this time around the government claims to be for "derechos humanos" while carrying out the same policies of theft and corruption of the past?

Anyway, the saqueos and the union strike has got nothing to do with how bad the government is. The saqueos are planned by first grade criminally inclined idiots who think its their right to steal from others. The campaign started on Facebook for it. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of teenagers turn up for these saqueos and the police just stand with their hands up their butts because "they can't do anything against kids".

Union strikes...same as they've always been. Extortion.

I just hope the security forces will be less impotent than they were in the provinces. My hope would be a great show of force by the security forces against the criminals and the union mafia...but for some reason I don't see that happening.

Once stores closed major disruptions . Sarmiento y Pueyrredon......

its on the tv now, big show of force by the police. i wonder how orchestrated it is.....

They have to do more than just make a show of force.
They need to lift them off the street.

I may be wrong on this, but I would only avoid the microcentro (and perhaps, balvanera, congreso, etc) but theres no reason to panic, it is all planned by Moyano and some unions, and some other people, police, etc, I think the quilombo will be only in Microcentro. I repeat I can be wrong.

Back