20 Years Ago: Usa Vs Arg At The Copa America

I' had never seen Brazilians cheer so fanatically for the US as they did that day. Brazil was full red, white and blue.

I remember exactly where I was during this match. Panajachel, Guatemala. It was the first time I got into USA futbol. Little did I know, I would end up in Argentina. If that were to happen again today--I'd be a bit conflicted.

If Im not wrong, Argentina played that match with its B team, because we already qualified.

And I remember very well that Copa America, we lost in quarterfinals against Brazil with a goal by Tulio, who stopped grotesquely the ball with his arm.

If Im not wrong, Argentina played that match with its B team, because we already qualified.

And I remember very well that Copa America, we lost in quarterfinals against Brazil with a goal by Tulio, who stopped grotesquely the ball with his arm.

Wasn't grotesquely enough, regrettably. The more dirty the victory over Argentina is, the better.

Wasn't grotesquely enough, regrettably. The more dirty the victory over Argentina is, the better.

There has never been a more grotesque moment in the history of sports than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ccNkksrfls

There has never been a more grotesque moment in the history of sports than this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=-ccNkksrfls

That is NOTHING.

The holy water incident

1978 world cup cheat

This is why no Brazilian will NEVER cheer for Argentina. Ever. if Argentina were to play against a team with Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Joseph Menguela and Osama Bin laden, we would still root for them instead of Argentina. During the Argentina X Germany game in the last world cup, we were all 100% Germany, heart and Soul. Even if we had lost to Germany by 100 - 0, it would have changed nothing. Brazilians have nothing but complete and total disdain towards the Argentine national team. It is an institution without a shred of honor and a disgrace to the sport.

You are quite a gentleman.

I, instead, am for the fair play (thats why I hate Bilardo)

This is why no Brazilian will NEVER cheer for Argentina. Ever. if Argentina were to play against a team with Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Joseph Menguela and Osama Bin laden, we would still root for them instead of Argentina. During the Argentina X Germany game in the last world cup, we were all 100% Germany, heart and Soul. Even if we had lost to Germany by 100 - 0, it would have changed nothing. Brazilians have nothing but complete and total disdain towards the Argentine national team. It is an institution without a shred of honor and a disgrace to the sport.

Fortunately, its mutual.

Back