20 Years Ago: Usa Vs Arg At The Copa America

The USA and Australia are the dark horses for the next world cup.

That was not the impression I got when Argentinians were asking themselves why Brazil did not support them over the match against Germany. I saw that issue being raised even by you and Bajo over here.

HA!

So you say that Argentines ask for Brazils support while you give a shit for us.

Thats hilarious. I dont know one single argentinian who supported Brazil in the 1-7. Not one. Never read some comment on the internet at that time as well, and I read a lot of sports news on the web.

My Argentine wifey laughed her socks off at that 7 - 1 and she asked me to cook mollejas as a celebration.

HA!

So you say that Argentines ask for Brazils support while you give a shit for us.

Thats hilarious. I dont know one single argentinian who supported Brazil in the 1-7. Not one. Never read some comment on the internet at that time as well, and I read a lot of sports news on the web.

That is fine dude. I rather a team lose 1 - 7 with some semblance of dignity than to poison water or bribe other teams to win. The Brazilian national team won 5 world cups, all earned honestly. Argentina has 2, where at least 50% of those, were cheated.

The national team suffered a humiliating historical defeat against germany. But they (the Germans) played well and with honor. They earned their victory and we respect that.

But when somebody offers you water, an act of kindness and friendship, that is poisoned..... Be inside or outside of a game, this is such a depraved act. I have no words. It is not the loss of the game that offends. It is the act of offering someone water that is poisoned. And then laugh about it afterwards. That is beyond futebol dude. That is basic human decency.

This:

The more dirty the victory over Argentina is, the better.

... or this?

I rather a team lose 1 - 7 than to poison water or bribe other teams to win.

BTW, I dont know ANY argentine who is proud of the poison. And Im not sure it actually happened, the same with the 6-0 to Peru, there are rumours, but who knows the truth?
I suspect that is true, and if it was, I strongly condemn it.

Anyways, to win the World Cup you need 7 (seven) matches, not one. Did you know that Holland almost won the 1978 WC when the ball hit the post at minute 88?
Werent the semifinal and final in 1986 legitimate? what do you have to say about that? werent in fact more important than the quarterfinals? didnt Argentina lose the final in 1990 with a ilegitimate penalty kick?

BTW, I dont know ANY argentine who is proud of the poison. And Im not sure it actually happened, the same with the 6-0 to Peru, there are rumours, but who knows the truth?
I suspect that is true, and if it was, I strongly condemn it.

Are you joking? Maradona publicly admitted to it. He said he did it.

https://youtu.be/Oui_AqwA50Y

If Im not wrong, Argentina played that match with its B team, because we already qualified.

And I remember very well that Copa America, we lost in quarterfinals against Brazil with a goal by Tulio, who stopped grotesquely the ball with his arm.

That's odd, since all soccer players are de facto double amputees.

Are you joking? Maradona publicly admitted to it. He said he did it.

https://youtu.be/Oui_AqwA50Y

I didnt know about that video. I dont think it was Diego, but Bilardo.
Any way, as I said it before, I strongly condemn it, I never liked Bilardo.

But the 6-0 to Peru we will never know, there are lots of rumours, no one will never know what happened there. Peru also had two balls in the post when the match was tied. As I said before, i suspected about the poison, but I m not sure about Peru.

Back