30 Years Of Democracy

Gringoboy

Registered
It's sad that this auspicious date has fallen on such inauspicious times, what with the widespread looting by mindless, opportunistic thugs.
The general discomfort one senses towards the festivities tonight in Plaza de Mayo is palpable.
I have a feeling that the OFF button will come in handy as the K circus puffs out it's collective chest and reminds us all of the 'decade of success'.
For me, although I'm not Argentine, it's a moment of quiet reflection on what has been achieved here since that day in 1983.

It's sad that this auspicious date has fallen on such inauspicious times, what with the widespread looting by mindless, opportunistic thugs.
The general discomfort one senses towards the festivities tonight in Plaza de Mayo is palpable.
I have a feeling that the OFF button will come in handy as the K circus puffs out it's collective chest and reminds us all of the 'decade of success'.
For me, although I'm not Argentine, it's a moment of quiet reflection on what has been achieved here since that day in 1983.

The return to responsible government - if Argentina has ever had it - is not an event, but rather a process that has its ups and downs.

Poor Ms, K ..... so many black clouds over her party today.

Sorry but I see no reason for buying into the government's claim that this is "her party." Fact is 1983 was a huge milestone in Argentina's democratisation that had nothing palpable to do with the current gobierno de turno. While I do grant that they have been overall positive in terms of human rights, there is no reason for us to let them co-opt the issue for their political advantage.

The secret of this kind of anniversaries, as well as it happens now with Mandelas death, is to see who was against the democracy, who was with the apartheid. Who supported those regimes. And what they do now. How they appear now, how they change for their convinience.

The sectors for whom the dictatorship governed are not hidden behind the trees, they are alive, they even are in politics. The people who was supportive with the last dictatorship now celebrate democracy. And with no self-criticism.

Glad that CFK was given the OK to Fly, using aircraft and helicopters.

Shame, Shame, Shame all dancing last night banging a pot, not a minute of silence, from the musicians all Nac & Popular for the dead and losses for thousands of shops looted....!! Shame

Chinese super markets may close for business until January....!!! This is A turning Point no kidding..... :rolleyes: As stated by Chino Super Assoc, Rep.

Back