7 Reasons I'm Voting This Sunday For Recalde...

Macri is, by far, the chief that vetoed more laws in the history of the city. In fact, he has the 48% of the vetos of the history of the city.

And then he claims to be respectful of institutions, democratical, for the republic, etc.

Did you read well macristas?

Read it again: 48% of the vetos of the history of the city.

ThereOughtToBeALaw.jpg

Macri is, by far, the chief that vetoed more laws in the history of the city. In fact, he has the 48% of the vetos of the history of the city.

And then he claims to be respectful of institutions, democratical, etc.

Did you read well macristas?

Read it again: 48% of the vetos of the history of the city.

I wonder why the veto exists? Is it not part of the city charter or constitution, and therefore an institutional prerogative of the mayor? Should he sign laws he believes are bad? If he is so bad, why did the citizens of Buenos Aires elect him twice, with majorities above 60 percent?

I wonder why the veto exists? Is it not part of the city charter or constitution, and therefore an institutional prerogative of the mayor? Should he sign laws he believes are bad? If he is so bad, why did the citizens of Buenos Aires elect him twice, with majorities above 60 percent?

the 60% was in ballotage, remember. ;)

And yes, the veto is part of the Constitution, as so is the decrete. The use of them by the president or chief is an indicator on how much he or she considers the parlament and its resolutions. Thats what Im saying. Would you imagine the speeches in the media if it was Cristina the one who governs by decrete like Macri does?

ps: and the macrismo has majority in both chambers. Paradox.

the 60% was in ballotage, remember. ;)

And yes, the veto is part of the Constitution, as so is the decrete. The use of them by the president or chief is an indicator on how much he or she considers the parlament and its resolutions. Thats why Im saying.

ps: and the macrismo has majority in both cameras. Paradox.

I am agnostic on Macri but, whether it was a runoff or not, he still won a large majority at the polls. Presumably the legislature can override a mayoral veto if it has the votes - that's also part of institutionality.

By the way, you mean "chambers" rather than "cameras" - unless you're talking about photographs.

Are you sure? I dont think so.

I do not know the Buenos Aires city constitution. By the US constitution, the Congress can override a presidential veto with a two-thirds vote of both the Senate and the House of Representatives. I would be surprised if Buenos Aires has no similar provision.

I do not know the Buenos Aires city constitution. By the US constitution, the Congress can override a presidential veto with a two-thirds vote of both the Senate and the House of Representatives. I would be surprised if Buenos Aires has no similar provision.

Maybe someone can come and enlighten us, but a priori I dont think the city works that way.

Can you explain me how Macri use only 20% of his budget but the debt of the city rise over 300%? Where is all this money?

Great, investigate him as well as famous lawyers who never graduated but somehow increased their wealth tenfold and anyone else who is stealing money from the country.

Back