7 Years In Buenos Aires, C.f. Here Now 45 Years Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and disibility deposits 1,000 us dollars per month in my account, cant survive on that !

Hello Michael. I do not want to tell what to do or not to do. Also I do not know what kind of expenses you have or not. But 1000 USD are about 13000-14000 pesos these days. For many Argentines this would be an ok salary. I know locals who have income in that range and do not live in poverty at all. Maybe moving somewhere else where rent is lower / life is cheaper might be an idea (I am not in BA so I do not know what kind of neighborhood Maturin street is). Argentina is a big country and there are a lot of nice places that might be cheaper than where you live now.

TY for you advice but right now 13,000 pesos a month with the 40-50 percent inflation Rent Lights gas pone is nothing!! It will take Macri Time I Believe In him He Is the one! We dont Have Money to Move or A guarentee, Can buy one at city bank, But This Barrio is not good I have been robbed 3 times the last time 1 year ago a one legged 65 year old man smashed me over the head with his crutch I was unconcious on the Street for about 3 hours Got 500 pesos My debit card and apt keys!! Thank you so much for your advice and imput But i have been here Straight for 7 years! i am Disabled Broken back! We need Assitence In the Monetary sense TO MOVE and we need to buy a guarentee! We have no family that has a dime My Wifes family are all passed away Rhats Why i turned to My former country men and they are Responding!!! ty Sir!!!! Love and Peace

If you are disabled why wouldn't you get a disability check monthly from the US?

I just talked to Michael, they will take groceries and understands that most people won't believe him,due to all the scams we've seen in the past
They live in la Paternal and gave me a rough idea whereabouts.... and invited me and anyone who wants to see his place that he is not scamming anyone.
So, how about it boys and girls??groceries, not money.and someone who can take it to la paternal, i don't know the city worth a crap.
Can contact me via pm see what we can do

Michael, as ElQueso and others have mentioned, many people in this forum (myself included) have been the victims of some sort of scam in Argentina. Consequently, many of us have become very jaded.

I apologize to you for my extreme diligence, and will gladly participate in the forum's efforts to assist you in whatever way I can.

You wouldn't come off as so untrustworthy if you stopped randomly capitalizing words in your sentences. I know its the internet; nobody expects perfect grammar, still, correct capitalization isn't that hard.

I'm kind of assuming that it must be part of his disability because I cannot begin to imagine how somebody would write like this after attending primary school in the US.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm not being a bitch just for fun here. My own mother attended school only until the age of 6 (she was a live-in servant, and the names of her employers are on her birth certificate, issued at age 16, as her 'parents', in Santiago del Estero, Argentina), and her English is 1,000,000 times better than this.

I'm kind of assuming that it must be part of his disability because I cannot begin to imagine how somebody would write like this after attending primary school in the US.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm not being a bitch just for fun here. My own mother attended school only until the age of 6 (she was a live-in servant, and the names of her employers are on her birth certificate, issued at age 16, as her 'parents', in Santiago del Estero, Argentina), and her English is 1,000,000 times better than this.

I do not know about that I am dyslexic and I can do ok on a key board but it takes forever and on a cell phone with thumbs forget it I will send you a grammar disaster you will think I am from Nigeria too. Wish I could help but I am on the other side of the river where life is fairly normal.

Hello Michael. I do not want to tell what to do or not to do. Also I do not know what kind of expenses you have or not. But 1000 USD are about 13000-14000 pesos these days. For many Argentines this would be an ok salary. I know locals who have income in that range and do not live in poverty at all.

Amen. Where my family lives, they don't have paved roads, running water or toilets. In Buenos Aires province.

Also, I Googled these people and they seem to be big into "The Secret" and the law of attraction etc (just post a sob story on BA Expats and watch the money roll in! OK, I am being cynical). Good for them, but I'll continue to give my money to people who actually need it.

Shocked at people who come here from developed countries and try to pull this stuff (even if the fire is real). They have to know what people earn here.

I do not know about that I am dyslexic and I can do ok on a key board but it takes forever and on a cell phone with thumbs forget it I will send you a grammar disaster you will think I am from Nigeria too. Wish I could help but I am on the other side of the river where life is fairly normal.

Pensador - I've seen many of your posts here and they all seem totally reasonable. Dyslexia is one thing, but THIS is entirely another:

"[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]YOU ARE ALL WRONG IS THIS A SITE FOR $$ BA EXPATS ONLY YOUR REPLYS MAKE HUMANITY PEOPLE LOOK VERY BAD GOT BALLS TO WRITE TRASH ABOUT MY WIFE AND I; LETS TALK PERSONAL! I MADE SOME MISTAKES IN SHOCK THE FIRE FRIDAY JUNE 5TH 2015 Address MATURIN 2337 In Apt 13 The Loco HOMBRE EX GUARD CIA? FOR EX President MENEM SPECIAL TREATMENT FOR A ARSONIST WITH CHRISTINA AS PRESIDENT HE IS IN A MENTAL UNIT SOMEWHERE!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND REPLYS!! THE THING IS YOU CALL ME NIGERAN SCAMMER I HAVE ALL THE PROOF RIGHT HERE I AM A TRUE BA EXPAT!! WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE BESIDES RICH AND NOT IN DIRE STRAITS NEED LIKE US <3 CALL ME My US PASSPORT NUMBER VALID IS 446072107 FOR ALL YOU SPYS I SHOULD NOT GIVE THIS BUT I WILL TAKE A CHANCE!!! Thank you My Ex Americans! Blessings and Love!"

I'm not here to diagnose via internet but I will say that when I have seen things like this by native English speakers, paranoid schizophrenia has been a factor...

PS re "[/background]
you will think I am from Nigeria too."... I'm the one that said that this person could totally be from the US, as I've run into people who write like this before. Sane people? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back