70 Usd For Taxi From Ezeiza?

Just to clarify for those who didn't read the opening post, my guests booked their taxi at the Manuel Tienda Leon booth just a few metres outside arrivals, inside the airport. They were ripped off at the airport booth, the guy who took their booking did not give them a receipt, just instructed the driver where to take them. They queried the price as I had told them the going rate, but he explained it off as 1 dollar a kilometre plus taxes.

Just to clarify for those who didn't read the opening post, my guests booked their taxi at the Manuel Tienda Leon booth just a few metres outside arrivals, inside the airport. They were ripped off at the airport booth, the guy who took their booking did not give them a receipt, just instructed the driver where to take them. They queried the price as I had told them the going rate, but he explained it off as 1 dollar a kilometre plus taxes.

Citygirl - No, it was here in town (and I tried to warn them, but this exchange rate thing makes no sense to most overseas visitors so I think they were just confused after coming off a long flight). I won't really say much more than that. They met him as a 'friend of a friend' and had even brought him some items from the US, I believe. He seemed nice, but I really have no tolerance for dishonesty. The only thing that surprised me about the situation was that he was American.

My experience with Taxi Ezeiza is that the drivers are friendly, professional and honest (some guests of mine have also left things in cabs and gotten them back). It's the women in the office who can be a bit incompetent and rude, but I can live with that because I feel that it's a safe service. I make the bookings from their website and try to minimize my contact with the office itself, which seems to work most of the time.

FWIW, I stopped at the tiendas today at Ezeiza. Manuel Leon wanted 450 for Barrio Norte. Taxi Ezeiza wanted 350. This, when the way to the airport I'd paid someone 320 all peajes included.

I ended up going outside to the regular taxis, they also quoted me 350 but got it knocked down to 300.

EDIT: Home safely. Ended up giving him 320 just because. To reply to the next post, maybe this is hubris on my part but I think if you show 'local skills', such as a command of both Spanish and the city, it'll be fine. Anyone with other experiences please let us know.

I would choose Taxis Ezeiza for an extra $50' pesos , hiring someone outside is a Russian Roulette , high risk.

BTW the fare to and from Ezeiza is not the same... you figure this out.

Taxi Ezeiza is your best bet. They actually have their own cars and drivers. And the service is good. The booth outside the airport, manuel tiend or whatever is more of a booking service for independent taxis and its no better than getting into any random taxi on the street. There is no quality control.

i will share something most people dont know
if you dont mind taking the bus with manuel tienda leon, they have a pick-up and drop-off service for some 15-20pesos more which makes the transfer now at 145 pesos
i also have a taxi srvice which charges 250 either way
id be happy to share if you need it
buen viaje

Every taxi agency has to be licensed and generally have a few of their own cars.

If were talking about the booth just to the left of the main exit, they might have some cars of their own but the two times ive used their service, they flagged down a random taxi that didnt say manuel leon on it and gave them my booking info. That hasnt happened to me with taxi ezeiza and ive used their service quite a few times since I had some last minute price change issues with the booth outside. So im not sure if were talking about the same booth, if we are, they are definitely booking with independent taxis that are " affiliated " with them and taking a booking fee from them.

Manuel tienda Leon has its own fleet of cars and remises and is fully licensed. They dont just give you any car

ETA: Looks like I had already posted something similar in this same thread. You can lead a horse to water...

Back