70 Usd For Taxi From Ezeiza?

Farenheit

Registered
Does anyone know what the new price for taking an airport taxi to downtown should be? My guests just paid USD$ 70 at the Manuel Tienda Leon stand. The previous guests only paid 200 pesos, and I know there was a price hike recently but it still seems ludicrously high.
Thanks!

If you fly to Santiago de Chile from Ezeiza the 4 cab fares, (2 at each end) amount to more than the Air Fare :D Viva la Pepa...!!

Yes, I use taxi ezeiza website and can even make reservations on line, they even give you a discount for your trip back to ezeiza from the city

I paid 300 pesos/$50 dollars, but that was with pets. $70 seems outrageous.

I would beware of using Manuel Tienda Leon. I called them to clarify and the guy tried to pull the wool over my eyes and tell me that nothing was wrong, 70 dollars wasn't different to 270 pesos and I obviosuly didn't understand the exchange rate. Then he tried to insist they must have taken a camioneta taxi which is 320 pesos. And finally asked for the receipt number. I will ask my guests when I see them in, but they insisted it was a regular cab nothing larger....seems they were overcharged 10 dollars. And that's at the airport!!!

So I just spoke to my guests and they weren't provided with a receipt. The cab was small, def not the camioneta. It seems the guy must have personally pocketed their dollars and had a quick word to the driver. Please warn visitors who you have coming to avoid this booth and use the one just outside arrivals. This is disgusting, taking advantage of tourists within the airport!!

LOL....this post is hilarious. You all seem like sheep headed for the slaughterhouse. I have no pity for people who don't do their research beforehand when they head to a foreign country. 0

Manuel Tienda is notorious for overcharging their customers, so I would recommend negotiating with other cab drivers. There are tons of discussions in previous forums in regards to this subject and BAExpats is a fantastic resource (if not the best resource out there). Don't be taken...be smart.

i've actually never had/never heard of any problems with them and used to recommend them to people all the time if they preferred a remise/car vs a taxi. That's too bad all the way around. I would call back and let the person there know you'll be sharing your experience with everyone :)

Back