90 day visa

Do all tourists have that same visa that you have on page 11? When I used to be a tourist, migraciones only gave me entrada/salida stamps. I've never seen that visa stamp for a tourist before. It's that visa on page 11 that is the problem. You need to get another one of those. I wonder what happens if you exit on the 27th and then re-enter. At the very least you should visit migraciones and get that visa on page 11 extended for another 90 days. The border official you met today had to write "hasta 27/08/2010" because that is what is on your visa stamp. Until that visa stamp expires, the border official must not override it with other dates. Have you ever had a visa stamp like that one on page 11 before? has anyone? Where did you get it? When did migraciones start giving those out?

New stamp: Think it says "have stopped extending your residency. " Temporary entry until 27 August.

gunt86 said:
Do all tourists have that same visa that you have on page 11? When I used to be a tourist, migraciones only gave me entrada/salida stamps. I've never seen that visa stamp for a tourist before. It's that visa on page 11 that is the problem. You need to get another one of those. I wonder what happens if you exit on the 27th and then re-enter. At the very least you should visit migraciones and get that visa on page 11 extended for another 90 days. The border official you met today had to write "hasta 27/08/2010" because that is what is on your visa stamp. Until that visa stamp expires, the border official must not override it with other dates. Have you ever had a visa stamp like that one on page 11 before? has anyone? Where did you get it? When did migraciones start giving those out?
Do all tourists have that same visa that you have on page 11? Not really sure. I can only guess Yes it is probable. This is the stamp they have always given me....When I used to be a tourist, migraciones only gave me entrada/salida stamps. I've never seen that visa stamp for a tourist before. It's that visa on page 11 that is the problem. You need to get another one of those. I wonder what happens if you exit on the 27th and then re-enter. I also am wondering this and talking this over with my fiance that maybe if I leave for Colonia again on the 27th I may be able to renew again for 3 months but this is not certain. So I am arranging to go to immigration tomorrow and see what they tell me there. Thank you all for your quick and informative replays... Very helpful form. will keep you posted of my progress in return as to give some help as well to others.... At the very least you should visit migraciones and get that visa on page 11 extended for another 90 days.I hope tommorrow I will be given another 90 days... we will see.....

I think this has to do with the new decreto. Could be wrong. But we were told on this forum that things would be changing for permatourists with the government more intent on enforcing their immigration laws.

The new law is supposed to be in full effect by October 7th 2010. Right now everything is so arbitrary. Things should be clearer then.

gunt86 said:
Have you ever had a visa stamp like that one on page 11 before? has anyone? Where did you get it? When did migraciones start giving those out?

The stamp you have on page 11 is the one you received from migraciones in BsAs correct? When you did your in-country renewal?

I would be willing to bet that is the issue. I don't think the ones at the border can override the one you get at migraciones. As I mentioned in this thread? in another thread?, my friend had the same thing where they wrote in his passport on his exit hasta.. whatever the date was that he was given when he did his extension in BsAs. This was maybe 2 years ago or so. He was leaving the country for a few months so it wasn't an issue but I am willing to bet it's a similar case.

Let us know tomorrow what happens but I think if you leave the country and then come back in, you will probably be okay as long as you come in AFTER the 28th.

PS - I don't *think* they will give you another stamp at migraciones tomorrow. Since they just gave you one 3 months ago and they will only give 1 per 180 days. I believe you will have to leave the country on the 27th and return on the 28th or whenever.

I am guessing (as we all are) that it's not an issue of him having to leave. They just can't overwrite the dates that migraciones gave him for a visa. So if he leaves and returns after the 27th, he probably won't have any issues.

The only question would be on his return IF the officials decide he is not a tourist, then they could give him 30 days to sort out his status.

citygirl said:
I am guessing (as we all are) that it's not an issue of him having to leave. They just can't overwrite the dates that migraciones gave him for a visa. So if he leaves and returns after the 27th, he probably won't have any issues.

The only question would be on his return IF the officials decide he is not a tourist, then they could give him 30 days to sort out his status.
I seem to agree citygirl.... and if this is the problem well then I will leave again for Colonia HOPING that I will be ok. But all the same I willl go to immigration tomorrow and see what they have to say first.... I will post news from immigration Thanks to all so much...

It says at the bottom of the stamp on page 11 "ultima prorraga", which means that's your last extension and the new guy is basically going with that since he didn't give you another 90 days. I'm guessing if you want to stay you'll be paying the visa overstay at the airport.

Back