A little bit of good ol' American violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the fight live,thought Shane was gonna take Lesnar out in the first.
Lesnar showed a good ground game,a helluva chin and even displayed some class both during and after the fight.

The fight I think most people wanna see is Lesnar against Fedor(who BTW doesnt have ripped abs and doesnt look great in tights)...Why the UFC hasnt signed Fedor up yet is beyond me and more than a bit frustrating.

Thanks for posting the replay!

I actually think the ref let the fight go on too long. Most refs would have stopped the bout after Lesnar took so many unanswered shots. But yes, Lesnar showed a tremendous chin and alot of heart.

Dana tried to sign Fedor a few times but Fedor's management ( M-1 Global ) will only sign a co-promotional deal with the UFC and the UFC doesn't co-promote. That is why Fedor went to Strikeforce instead of the UFC. He currently still has one fight on his contract left so he might end up signing with the UFC after that.

Well, I don't know if you can say this is "goood ol' American violence" as combat like this has been taking place in Asia for many many years prior to the UFC stuff. And all the combat, its my understanding as I am not a "fan" who watches, is mostly eastern based martial arts combined with greco-roman grappling.

I guess people like this stuff, but to me, if you are really into "the violence" as you say, there are several "good" wars out there happily accepting volunteers. You want to talk tough guy...go do that until feeling like a tough guy is not so important. Then we can discuss the celebration of violence.

And please explain the need for shaving of chest hair? Is the fear of chest hair pulling a concern? Is there no fear of regular hair pulling, just back and body hair pulling?

A&A said:
Well, I don't know if you can say this is "goood ol' American violence" as combat like this has been taking place in Asia for many many years prior to the UFC stuff. And all the combat, its my understanding as I am not a "fan" who watches, is mostly eastern based martial arts combined with greco-roman grappling.

I guess people like this stuff, but to me, if you are really into "the violence" as you say, there are several "good" wars out there happily accepting volunteers. You want to talk tough guy...go do that until feeling like a tough guy is not so important. Then we can discuss the celebration of violence.

And please explain the need for shaving of chest hair? Is the fear of chest hair pulling a concern? Is there no fear of regular hair pulling, just back and body hair pulling?

The primary art form isnt wrestling,its Brasilian Ju Jitsu.

The shaving of body hair is similar to why swimmers do it,to cut down on friction and to make ones body more slippery.As a MMA fight progresses the amount of sweat buildup works to an advantage as it is easier to slip away from a potentially fight ending grapple or hold....every little bit helps.

Are you serious ?

The UFC is an American MMA promotion so yes, it's AMERICAN. If you want to go into the actual disciplines that encompass Mixed Martial Arts, we would be here all day.

You already stated you don't know anything about combat and you don't like combat sports so i'm not really sure why you came here except to bitch about your own insecurities.

If you don't like the thread or the link you don't have to watch it. If you want to personally discuss my military service or lack thereof in person i'd be happy to oblige any time and you can send me a private message. But this thread isn't about that.

This thread is for people who LIKE Mixed Martial Arts as a Sport or as a Spectacle.

A&A said:

MMA as a spectator sport has its roots in Japanese Shoot fighting, American Catch Wrestling, Greek Pankration, and Brazilian Vale Tudo.

The primary disciplines are mostly Western Style Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Russian Combat Sambo, Western Boxing, Muay Thai Kick Boxing and a few others.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Russian Sambo are both derived from Judo, an Eastern discipline. They are very different styles but they share many things in common. In particular the grappling and the submission locks, although Brazilian Jiu Jitsu completely lacks striking techniques. That is why I personally consider it incomplete and why I chose to study Russian Combat Sambo instead. But that is just a personal opinion, one that isn't shared by many mma fighters.

The whole point of MMA is UNARMED one on one combat. That is what is so honest and pure about the sport. The best fighter on that day always wins. And the rules are such that cheating basically doesn't exist. If you use an illegal move the fight is called a NO CONTEST or someone is DISQUALIFIED.

I'm looking forward to DREAM 15 on July 10th.

http://dreamofficial.com/free/fightcard/?id=20100710

The fight card looks sick :

Venue: Saitama, Japan

Champ Shinya Aoki vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri (for lightweight title)
Melvin Manhoef vs. Tatsuya Mizuno (light-heavyweight grand prix opening round)
Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs. Katsunori Kikuno
Karl Amoussou vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
Michihiro Omigawa vs. Young Sam Jung
Gegard Mousasi vs. Jake O'Brien (light-heavyweight grand prix opening round)
Daiki "DJ.taiki" Hata vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida
Ricco Rodriguez vs. TBA*

And this would be some good ol' Japanese violence. Even though half the fighters are Brazilian, Dutch and American.

20100707123752_big_preview.JPG

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Dream-15-Preview-25518

I missed the DREAM 15 event last night. But I just watched most of the fights on youtube. Mousasi, Aoki and JZ won. Nice.

mousasiobrien.gif

Mousasi is back yo, 30 second standing guillotine. Can't wait for his rematch with King Mo.

UFC 117 LIVE STREAM

Almeida v Hughes just started. JDS just whooped on Big Country.

Anyone want a link, send me a PM.

ufc117poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back