A Mindblowing Steak

Butcher: Carniceria estancia santa angela.

La brigada for t bone. Don Julio for entraña and achuras.

Recently opened La Carniceria, a parrilla at Thames almost Charcas. Short menu and wine list, good gin tonic and beers.

Remember, a good steak , is the one you ate yesterday, and the best steak, is the one you are gonna eat today!! you get the drift no?
I'm still tryiing to keep the cattle population down while you waste time talking about it and not eating steak!!!! :p

This is what I have found when buying at Coto or ordering on a menu. Some menus describe cuts differently though. To get a thicker cut you have to tell the waiter and show them how thick with your thumb and first finger - at least this is what I do to get a thicker cut. Be prepared to pay much more with a thicker cut of course. Also, I like mine medium rare and have to really insist muy muy jugoso por favor!
Ojo de Bife Rib Eye
Bife de Chorizo Sirloin (New York Strip)
BIfe de Chorizo con Lomo/Bife Angosto T-bone or Porterhouse

If you find the mind blowing Argentine steak anywhere, please let me know, as it has been eluding me for years.
Actually, if you find ANY mind blowing food anywhere in BA, even if it is just popcorn, please let me know right away.
Now there I envision a piece of chunky steak being grilled then the Brazilian Churrasco piece of meats on a skewer.
Why is that the Brasileiros do the asado differently?..Once in Lisbon asked a restaurateur, if can I have Churrasco beef
but he said, "você tem que viagem em direção a Brazil !

Anyone know where to buy good quality steak to make at home?

The name and place? The Pampas, Get yourselves out of the city and dine on freshly killed pampas cow meat not that stressed out, fast grain fed meat. The softest, juiciest beef you`ll ever taste.

My uncle keeps asking for a T-bone steak - my asado book translates it as Bife angosto con lomo - which I have never seen on a manu.
He is stubborn and old and wants to eat to same cut(s) he is used to for a comparison. There is no tira de asado or matambre or entraña in Italy.
I went looking for a ojo de bife at my carniceria but they NEVER have it, instead they give be a bife de chorizo, which sometimes is yummy, and others nothing special.

He tried bife de chorizo at a restaurant, but I believe he was expecting something one inch thick. He said he had better meats in the US in random places. :eek:
To be honest, the places we tried were not mind blowing.

I will note the places mentioned on this thread. Thanks!

You can buy t-bones at Jumbo, they're good I occasionally get them when they look good and make them at home. They are sold individually, labeled t-bone and not vacuum packed.

Back