A New Low........i Have Heard It All Now....................

Man I always keep my cash advance receipts with me when I travel with USD, mainly in case something goes wrong in my bank account. Never thought I'd need to prove the money was mine!

Very scary!

Ajoknoblauch's idea to carry a receipt sounds like a good idea. Although the receipt from your bank does not prove that you brought the cash with you to BsAs. A similar idea, with the same problem, would be to record the serial numbers. But those two things might help you to get some reimbursement from your home owners insurance policy. Probably a long shot.

I cannot think of a good defense - other than paying an exchange rate premium. Were customs to take cash from me I would certainly ask for a receipt with serial numbers. But I doubt that you could force a receipt from them.

Bob

Man I always keep my cash advance receipts with me when I travel with USD, mainly in case something goes wrong in my bank account. Never thought I'd need to prove the money was mine!

I was thinking this. If I were carrying 3,000 USD, I would have some sort of receipt(s) to back it up.

Very scary!

Ajoknoblauch's idea to carry a receipt sounds like a good idea. Although the receipt from your bank does not prove that you brought the cash with you to BsAs. A similar idea, with the same problem, would be to record the serial numbers. But those two things might help you to get some reimbursement from your home owners insurance policy. Probably a long shot.

I cannot think of a good defense - other than paying an exchange rate premium. Were customs to take cash from me I would certainly ask for a receipt with serial numbers. But I doubt that you could force a receipt from them.

Bob

Perhaps you should photocopy the banknotes.

A similar idea, with the same problem, would be to record the serial numbers.

That's not a bad idea either. You can take pictures of each of the bills. That would be a lot easier.

Say, is there an app for that? :)

I'm not the least bit surprised. I bet aduana/psa are in on it too.

However, in the PSA's defense, my one interaction with them was positive.
I bought a cheap 300 ARS 55 LT backpack for when I went to patagonia and
Aerolineas broke the straps at check in and they thought that someone may
have tried stealing from it and as we were about to taxi they made me disembark
and go to the back of the plane on the tarmac and check, nothing missing, so
I signed my name and DNI saying everything was ok.

Anyways, this obviously is a plot sponsored by Obama. Did anyone notify drudgereport?

tumblr_mi4iueVwMo1rxf7n9o1_1280.jpg

There is so much that is weird with this scam, it almost sounds like an urban legend. First, someone is going to buy a (minimum $1500) ticket to pull this off? Who wouldn't insist that the police be called, or at least ask why they weren't?

I suppose this would work - on the same people that fund the Nigerian 419s.

Update:

I failed to mention why I said Obama. The cockier of the 2 girls told the Authorities that they were here on a Federal Program for US Teachers and she was going to report them. This is when they let them go. The other girl was going to give them the few hundred she had on her.
I tried to paint the picture that they were not starving students(with mo money) nor mature folks that would stand up to the Authorities. They appear to be the perfect targets.

Another thought:

When bringing in large amounts of USD's take the time to write down the serial numbers and stash it elsewhere. Not sure how much this would help but you could prove who had it if u could get back up quick at EZE.

Back