A restaurant that has me addicted ( First Time in BA )

dr__dawggy said:
Stella, I just responded to one of your posts on another board where both of us are members. NIce suggestion about how/where to buy wine in Argentina. I like the idea of home delivery....

Home delivery of ice cream is bad enough. I DON'T even want to know where to get home delivery of wine! :eek:

;)

dr__dawggy said:
I have almost never agreed with Perry. I have particularly disliked his over the top responses to those with whom he disagrees...but credit where credit is due-- this restaurant looks like a good find....

STELLA53 said:
Not only over the top, but unfair and not very smart.

Isn't it a bit unfair to say that Perry isn't very smart?:rolleyes:

How well do you know him?;)

If you're judging him by his posts, why not just reply directly to them (and show everyone just how smart you are)?:D

dr__dawggy said:
For those times when Pesicco or Alta Volta do not seem appropriate :)

http://www.0800-vino.com/index.php

mini said:
NOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Mini, this isn't new. Nigel's been having wine tastings and providing home delivery for years. He usually doesn't make it clear enough at his wine tastings that WINE DELIVERY is his #1 raison d'etre. (Did I spell that right?)

That's what 0800-VINO does. They don't sell sushi with or without cream cheese, they don't have an Peruvian items on the menu, (though he does offer quite a few rosés that go well with the fresh/spicy flavors of Peruvian food).

But also, he doesn't deliver in a flash.

If you have a dinner party coming up, or have an idea of what you are looking for in general, you order from him and he delivers later in the day. It's a great way to cross something off your list that you know that you're going to have to tend to when you need a couple of cases* (or more) of vino and you've got plenty of other things to do.

*"Cases" of wine in Argentina means "a box of six bottles". In the USA, it means "12 bottles".

Napoleon said:
*"Cases" of wine in Argentina means "a box of six bottles". In the USA, it means "12 bottles".

Yes, that was a shock the first time I bought a case of wine here. I thought half of it had gone missing. A case of 6 - that's for amateurs!:D

dr__dawggy said:
I have almost never agreed with Perry. I have particularly disliked his over the top responses to those with whom he disagrees...but credit where credit is due-- this restaurant looks like a good find....

I return to BA soon, and have Sipan on my must do list!

Thank you for your comments Dr Dawgy and for Stella I will say nothing as to respond to inane comments is beneath me.

In regards to Sipan and the controversy that this has caused . I was speaking from the heart and of course you are welcome to disagree with me about this . There are many great restaurants here but unfortunately there are too many that are mediocre and for this we can become like children when we encounter a excellent find we want the whole world to know.

Napoleon said:
Mini, this isn't new. Nigel's been having wine tastings and providing home delivery for years. He usually doesn't make it clear enough at his wine tastings that WINE DELIVERY is his #1 raison d'etre. (Did I spell that right?)
Just to be clear I wasn't saying anything against the company listed. I don't know them. I was just saying (see above) that the last thing I need is someone to delivery alcohol directly to my house! ;) lol j/k.

Anyone do trago delivery? :D

mini said:
Just to be clear I wasn't saying anything against the company listed. I don't know them. I was just saying (see above) that the last thing I need is someone to delivery alcohol directly to my house!
I disagree! I think that's exactly what YOU need.

:p

Back