A restaurant that has me addicted ( First Time in BA )

Last night I ate in Sipan with three expats and everyone of them were impressed with the food and the ambience. Now I have eaten there 11 times and last nights meal was the highlight.

Dave I do not know where you ate that night but it was not the Sipan I know.

We had some of the best sushi I have had the pleasure to eat in Buenos Aires . The main course of Rice with Duck is enough to travel cross country for.

perry said:
Last night I ate in Sipan with three expats and everyone of them were impressed with the food and the ambience. Now I have eaten there 11 times and last nights meal was the highlight.

Dave I do not know where you ate that night but it was not the Sipan I know.

We had some of the best sushi I have had the pleasure to eat in Buenos Aires . The main course of Rice with Duck is enough to travel cross country for.

As long as it is enough to travel from Palermo "Botanico" for, I am in :)

Well much later than expected I tried Sipan last night. The sushi (centolla!) was outstanding as was the ceviche. The service really perfect and the ambiance excellent..but still somehow it fell short of expectations. My Peruvian friend has dragged me to Mochica in Abasto more times than I can recall and maybe I just had higher expectations related to the higher prices.
However Im really glad I tried Sipan and I really appreciate the recommendation..which is what community is all about. It is definitely worth trying..

Not wanting to add more charcoal into the fire pit I will say this. By reading your notes none of you knows about either good or bad food in Buenos Aires and in Argentina. You will need to be here at least for 5 years while traveling from Jujuy down to Tierra del fuego. You do not even have the "data" (SENASA) to sustain your claims. You do not even know were the best beef is from in argentina nor the wine. As I said CHILL IT.

perry said:
I am truly addicted to a incredible restaurant called Sipan ( First Time in BA ) and like to tell you guys about this unique restaurant with the best Peruvian food I have had in Argentina

I have been three times this week at a huge cost to my wallet as its expensive but frankly I do not give a damn now as the food is so good that I am craving my next visit.

Every dish I have eaten there has been outstanding and the sushi is amongst the best I have tasted in the world .

I also have had the best empanada ever of Lomo . They are 20 pesos each but they are also huge and meat packed with a incredible array of flavours including the sauce which is a meal in itself.

The Pisco maracuja is the best Pisco I have had ever.

Try it and be impressed

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Sipan-Cocina-Peruana-Pisco-Bar-3610

http://www.sipan.com.ar/

The place is A way over priced trap on tourist row. The Pisco sour tasted as if it was spun out of machine at 7-11. Nothing special except the price.

Took my parents to Sipan for lunch when they were over a few months back.

Food was excellent. Cheers for the recommendation Perry.

Wow sorry I missed all the fun back in February but I'm enjoying reading it now.

Not Peruvian but since everyone was talking about Sushi i thought I should mention that the best sushi in THE WORLD (of buenos aires) is at Yuki.

How many pesos are we talking for a dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine from Sipan? I have had this place on my mind since Perry, thank you, added the recommendation.

Saludos!

Back