A Sad Day For All Cristina Supporters...de Vido Detained

I appreciate your reply. thanks. However, does the pressure from the President really rise to the level that it coerces judges to do his biding regardless of the evidence?

Ask Gils Garbo. Clarin published the phone of her daughter and she received hundred of threats.
Carrio asserts that the convictions for genocide are bad done and the day after a lawyer of a genocidal ask for jail for the judge.

Wouldn't such judges be afraid of public censure if they deviated from reasonable parameters in executing their responsibilities in applying the law?

In my opinion the Executive Power is behaving like mafia does. It is not about the censorship of the common people.

Is there really no evidence against De Vido to believe he committed a crime. I would be surprised since it is my understanding it has been shown he has amassed a fortune - something not ordinarily possible on an official's salary. Such a fortune and the possibility of a long jail term raise the risk of flight, at least, it appears that way to me. (I know damn well I'd be on the first stage out of Arg if I were guilty of stealing many millions of USD.)

I have 16 years of experience en Federal Courts and I was part of the dream team who achieve froth release of the former Economy Minister Cavallo. He created the crisis of 2001 and people was very angry so, judges decided to arrest him with no new evidence on a file where he was on a situation intermediate: not enough for non guilty not enough to take him to trial. Judges only cared about the TV.

p.s. Your first sentence is hard to comprehend because of poor sentence structure (maybe). In the US, all witnesses in a criminal or civil trial are sworn in when they first take the witness stand - sworn to tell the truth, the whole truth , nothing but etc etc. Lying under oath is perjury, a crime for which one may be jailed a long time. Perjury charges are the subject of a separate proceeding. To lie not under oath, i.e., not in court, is common. Politicians do it all the time. Are you really saying that witnesses in an Arg criminal proceeding are not made to take an oath requiring them to tell the truth, that witnesses and/or the accused may lie with impunity? Hard to believe.

It has nothing to do with my [lack] of writing skills. I wrote it very simple to help you to understand.
We are talking about the accused because you asserted that it makes perfect sense for you to arrest him because he might provide information about others like the former President and I explained you that it does not work like that here because he can remain silent but he is legally allowed to lie.

As far as I understand, if decides to declare, in the US system the accused cannot lie, he is alike a witness and he can commit perjury.

Sadly, I think the good Doctor is being serious.
Anyway, has no one ever heard an Argentine say 'Imagine, if the British had succeeded in their invasion of 1807. We'd be the Australia of South America now!'
Well I've heard that plenty of times, which inspired me to write a novel based exactly on that premise, which I have now completed.

Australia has low population, Peron look for keep the population low banning immigration.

Australia is almost a protectorate.

Population comparison: Argentina 44m, Australia 24m and growing rapidly. Hardly a small population. I now have dual nationality, and I assure you that you are talking nonsense describing Australia as 'almost a protectorate'. Apart from having the English monarch as a nominal head of state (which will disappear as soon as we have a referendum), Australia is a strong independent country. When you have no idea what you're talking about, I suggest you don't display your ignorance.

Your ignorancy has no limits.

The plan to convert Argentina into Australia is from Peron. Helloooooooooooooooooo
I strongly suggest bajo considers giving up his day gig... Stand up comedy should be one of his first serious considerations :)

Population comparison: Argentina 44m, Australia 24m and growing rapidly. Hardly a small population. I now have dual nationality, and I assure you that you are talking nonsense describing Australia as 'almost a protectorate'. Apart from having the English monarch as a nominal head of state (which will disappear as soon as we have a referendum), Australia is a strong independent country. When you have no idea what you're talking about, I suggest you don't display your ignorance.

Steve, I was comparing Argentina with Australia. Argentina´s population is low, Australia is almost half. The important question is what is the President planning to do with the extra 20 million people who lives here?

As you confirmed Australia is part of the commonwealth. How independent is to belong to the continuation of the British imperialism, I really do not care.

I strongly suggest bajo considers giving up his day gig... Stand up comedy should be one of his first serious considerations :)

there is nothing I can do with ignorance, this is the way it works, this is the way it is.

Steve, I was comparing Argentina with Australia. Argentina´s population is low, Australia is almost half. The important question is what is the President planning to do with the extra 20 million people who lives here?

As you confirmed Australia is part of the commonwealth. How independent is to belong to the continuation of the British imperialism, I really do not care.

Do you know what 'protectorate' means? From your response you have no idea, research the word and then return and admit that you got it wrong, if admitting a mistake is within your capabilities that is. And to describe Australia as "to belong to the continuation of the British imperialism" really discredits your argument. The British government has no influence whatsoever on the political system in Australia. Again, when you don't know what you're talking about, just don't comment, you make yourself look foolish.

AMADO BUDU el guru de la secta K..... Another PERONISTA MAFIA MEMBER ARRESTED this morning :D !!!
Can't wait for the Cristina show!!! Ha ha ha ...

Oh! My sincere apologies for associating Peronists with Kirchenristas! I forgot that Ks are now NOT peronists anymore...ha ha.

Bajo, how are you feeling about Budu's arrest? Bad bad Macri :mad: ;) :p !!! how unjust hey? Any insights on a strategy to defend this 'Politically persecuted' character ??? "The best minister of economy" the country has ever seen according to the Peronista Delia. Poor Cristina :rolleyes: :p !!! Ha ha ha !
Peronismo, el fascismo argentino
https://www.youtube....h?v=-UpXIVamXDk

Back