A Serious Thread About Food In Argentina

I beg to differ that Italy understands which foods are healthy and unhealthy -- maybe they know which foods are unhealthy, but it's certainly not changing the eating habits: apparently you have the worst childhood obesity problem in all of the OCDE (34 nations Org Econ Co-op and Development)

http://www.oecd.org/...alykeyfacts.htm

[font=Helvetica Neue']In Italy, 1 in 3 children is overweight, one of the highests rate in the OECD.[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue']Now Argentina is no gem in the childhood obesity game either -- they have the highest in the region, however they are still at only 10% of children being obese -- whereas Italy is apparently at 30%. ([/font]http://www.ipsnews.n...-in-the-region/)

There are a number of consequences of bad eating over health, and obesity is just one of them. Diabete, is another important one, but there are many others which affect also the sight, the bones, the blood, etc. I am not a physician and I can't tell which is more important or what are the important one to take into account.

However, I don't think that considering obesity alone you get an indicator of bad food vs good food knowledge. One can be obese just for overeating good stuff, though eating a lot of bad stuff is a shortcut to obesity, for sure.
I agree that with children one tend to "keep them happy" them with loads of sugar-filled food. Also, industrial food is now more accessible (by number and price) than before, so it is not an incentive to prepare something healthy if it is more expensive and time consuming.

Today my lunch consisted of the following:

Sauteed broccoli rabe with mushrooms, garlic, red onions and black sesame seeds.
Portion of grilled salmon filet.
Small salad with baby spinach leaves, radicchio, endive and pecans.
Bottle of vitamin water pomegranate.
Total: $8.00 dollars.
Marché Deli (salad bar) on 40th Street between 5th & Madison Ave. opposite the Mid-Manhattan Library.
I think I've died and gone to heaven or if there is somewhere better than heaven this must be it.

Sauteed broccoli rabe with mushrooms, garlic, red onions and black sesame seeds.
Marché Deli (salad bar) on 40th Street between 5th & Madison Ave. opposite the Mid-Manhattan Library.
I think I've died and gone to heaven or if there is somewhere better than heaven this must be it.

You bastard! Don't tease us. LOL. Man I miss NYC. All the corner grocery stores with the great variety of sandwiches and grilled wraps...and the freshly made whole wheat fig newton cookies.

You bastard! Don't tease us. LOL. Man I miss NYC. All the corner grocery stores with the great variety of sandwiches and grilled wraps...and the freshly made whole wheat fig newton cookies.

What was that, nlaruccia?

It's mean to tease us with all the access he has to great variety of food when we're stuck down here with empanadas and milanesas. I truly hope he's enjoying the great NYC food.

Back