A strange question...

Well, this is business, let's be clear, and it's very easy for someone with a dosis of psychology to pretend.

But even if 99.5% of the so-called psychic readings are BS, I can assure you that the remaining 0.5% are really incredible (beyond words).

I can't enter much into details but back in 1992, I went to see for the first (and last) time a psychic reader in Paris who was recommended to me.
As far as today, mostly everything she told me happened, and she didn't tell me psychological BS, but was really precise (you're going to live, in about 20 years, in a very big city nearby water... and about 20 other things that all got realized... Except a few since I'm supposed to get rich beyond imagination, ah ah).
At that time, I was studying Law to become a criminal lawyer, and everything was crystal clear in my mind (I thought at that time : this woman is so wrong !).

But yes, it's quite easy to do psychic reading over the phone if you have a good dosis of psychology.

French jurist said:
But yes, it's quite easy to do psychic reading over the phone if you have a good dosis of psychology.

Yes but then they're not "psychic" readings then are they.

PhilipDT said:
Yes but then they're not "psychic" readings then are they.

True, but they are sold that way.

I used to drew "Tarot" (Tarocchi ?) card for my friends, and quite often I was right, but I could not determine what was the part of psychology, interpretation of symbolism or eventually pure psychism.

BA is full, full, full of "psychic" readers. The locals call them "witches" and they make a living. In fact they latch on and work the person for years. Even advising on business matters. It's a great scam but it pays. However, once you take it to the call center or internet level and start using credit cards and such you will be on AFIPs radar screen.
Plus I seriously doubt if there are 150K English speaking expats in AR.
Start calling the English speaking embassies and get some real numbers. Good luck.

I edited my previous post about calculations (I had forgotten a 0). Actually you could make (top) nearly 100 pesos (gross). Take away 40% for all the costs, and that's 60/80 pesos net to stay behind the phone (what if 5 phone calls at the same time on a sunday morning at 1am ? ----= Better do the service 24/7).

ghost said:
...Plus I seriously doubt if there are 150K English speaking expats in AR.
Start calling the English speaking embassies and get some real numbers. Good luck.

Here: this should start you off, Johnno. In 2006 there were 8300 Brits living full or part-time in Argentina. My source is this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6161705.stm which also details how the data was gathered.

PhilipDT said:
Johnno,

I'm just curious, how does one become a psychic reader? Is this one of those things you have to be born into? Or did you go to Hogwarts?

I honestly have no idea, I've never met a psychic before.

Hi Philip - I'm afraid I put a really good response together for you and then hit the 'post' button - only to find it completely disappeared :) lol

Bottom line: I personally believe that people are born with it - but that it is also possible for some to learn and master it... (to a lesser or greater extent).

A lot of it (I feel) comes from our ancestors - but this belief also comes from my own philosophy/belief system which comes from me following the Northern Way or what you would refer to as Odinism or Asatru...

We believe in a very strong connection with our ancestors and also what Sheldrake referred to as morphic resonance...

You might find it an interesting thing to read up on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Sheldrake

Okay - not sure if I have really answered your question or not :) The first answer was probably better but its disappeared somewhere 'out there'...

John :)

Damn - I knew I forgot something - Philip - I use the Runes - for although Tarot (Tarocchi) can be quite effective Runes (in one form or another) have been used by our European ancestors for thousands of years - and for me personally they are the most powerful tool for my purposes...

HOW exactly it works - I really don't know - someone on here (French Jurist) said he didn't know how much was him/psychology/the cards/whatever - and I have to admit it, I don't fully understand what I do - but I *do* firmly believe there is a morphic resonance thing going on - and that there is also the whole web of wyrd (fate) thing too - there you go, my late in the afternoon/early in the evening attempt to answer the question - halfway through another 8 hour shift on the psychic helpline here in Oz :)

I'm not sure if I will end up doing this fulltime down in BA - or whether it will be a mixture of lecturing, teaching, psychic work or whatever - but lets just say I'm coming down with an open mind and looking at any/all possibilities to get myself set up and running long term :)

PS You might find it interesting to know how I got this job. The interview process was simple - I had to do a reading for one of the managers first - if she was sufficiently impressed my name got on the short list - then the final selection came only after the big boss herself got me to do a reading on her. Bottom line - yes, there are DEFINITELY fakes out there - but in my case I had to prove what I could do just to get the job in the first place - which I think is pretty positive :)

Back