Acceptable Cookware At Great Prices On Mercado Libre

steveinbsas

Registered
I have been looking at cookware on Mercado Libre as well as in grocery stores for some time. Just before Christmas I bought a wok by T-Fal (linea practica) for $299. There were sets (batarias) of the linea Practica for $1049-$1499. After the devaluation the sets offered at the lowest prices disappeared.

Last night I saw that one seller was offering a six piece set for $1099 with free shipping by OCA:

Batería De Cocina Tefal Pratika 6 Piezas Cacerola Hot Sale

and was also offering open stock of individual pieces at substantial discounts.

Here's what I bought (six pieces) for $896 plus $64 shipping = $960:

Cacerola Tefal Pratika 24 Cm Olla Tapa Teflon Outlet

Cacerola Tefal Pratika 20 Cm Olla Tapa Antiadherente Outlet

Sarten Tefal Pratika 30 Cm Antiadherente Teflon Outlet

Sarten Tefal Pratika 24 Cm Antiadherente Teflon Outlet

The cookware I bought (two carcerolas, two saucepans, and two lids) include a 30 cm sarten (saute pan which I will use often) instead of the 14cm hervidor (water boiler which I would hardly ever use).

I believe the Linea Practica is T-Fal's cheapest line and the espesor (thickness) is 1.7mm. I prefer thicker cookware but at these prices the value is unbeatable. They would be perfect for a furnished rental apartment.

The seller's mercado libre prices are much lower than the prices on the seller's website. The store is located in Villa Devoto if anyone want to pick up a ML purchase in person.

Right now Garbarino has a seven piece set which is also 1.7 mm thick on "sale" for $1659 ("regular" price $2499):

https://www.garbarin...01625G_RedDays_

If it was 3 mm thick it would be a great buy...

The Lineas Sensorielle by T-Fal is 3mm thick but is also more than double the price of the Linea Practica (at the sale prices). This 20cmm saute pan is 3mm thick but is priced at $499 (with no lid):

t-fal-sensorielle-sarten-20-cm-capa-zafiro-thermospot-tech-797601-MLA20389481766_082015-O.jpg

http://articulo.merc...mospot-tech-_JM

Might look into that and just hope they don't all bend and become deformed like the rubbish we've got.

Might look into that and just hope they don't all bend and become deformed like the rubbish we've got.

The will, and the cheap teflon will give you cancer. It most likely is the rubbish you've already got.

If you want acceptable cookware at great prices on mercado libre

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-600986816-sarten-profesional-de-chapa-con-mango-planchuela-20-cm-_JM

I have a couple of these and am very happy with them.

Another option is to look at old copper pots and have the inside tinned.
Nancy

Cold liquids added to a hot skillet (especially a thinner one) often cause deformation.

Deformation is much less likely to happen to a skillet that is at least 3mm thick.

Back