Advice for living in Microcentro

mini said:
The OP is not obliged to change her rental location because you or I don't like it. What is "too late" mean? I'm sure there is some advice that can be given to the OP, besides "live somewhere else", considering the fact that she IS going to stay at this location.

You're not disagreeing with me per se, you are trying to tell me (us) what is an appropriate answer to someone's question. The OP asked about tango & tango shoes as well as what's the location like. So here is a perfectly fine place to discuss it.

I don't go around telling you what to post where & I don't appreciate you doing it to me. That's all.

Not that I want to step into the middle of this argument, but it didn't seem to me that Steve was telling anybody what to post, rather that it was unfortunate that such good advice about tango and shoes was going to be lost here under the guise of advice strictly related to living in microcentro. This isn't the first nor will it be the last thread that goes "off topic", so I would hope that if someone were to be curious about where to buy tango shoes that they would do an advanced search for it and find the appropriate threads (this one does come up if the search is made correctly, I just checked). Anyway, I don't see any reason for anybody to get bent out of shape, but that's just my opinion and all I'll say on the matter.

cheers, and happy new year to all. best of luck to the OP in her new neighborhood.

steveinbsas said:
How appropriate coming form someone who equates the present day USA with Nazi Germany.

I haven't censured (or censored) anyone...and I don't have the power to do so.

Steve, I called you a "KGB agent" because you are putting your nose where it shouldn´t be. If you are not a "moderator" don´t try to moderate.

Regards

mini said:
The OP is not obliged to change her rental location because you or I don't like it. What is "too late" mean? I'm sure there is some advice that can be given to the OP, besides "live somewhere else", considering the fact that she IS going to stay at this location.

If there had been a chance to change the location, it certainly would have been something to consider. The OP previously asked for advice about where to rent and didn't follow her own (previously posted) logic in making her final choice.

mini said:
You're not disagreeing with me per se, you are trying to tell me (us) what is an appropriate answer to someone's question. The OP asked about tango & tango shoes as well as what's the location like. So here is a perfectly fine place to discuss it.

Actually, the OP only asked about tango shoes as well as what's available around the "other" corner as wells as:

"Where to get my lunch, dinner? Banks, ATMs? Groceries, I love fruits!

Is Reconquista safe at midnight? at 3 am?"

Otherwise, she didn't ask about the tango...though anything else could fall under the category of "other tips" (including a change of the location itself).

mini said:
I don't go around telling you what to post where & I don't appreciate you doing it to me. That's all.

I did not tell you what to post and/or where, only that the posts about tango manners and shoes were great, but will be not be read by many who could benefit from it in the future simply because of the title of this thread.

MizzMarr said:
Not that I want to step into the middle of this argument, but it didn't seem to me that Steve was telling anybody what to post, rather that it was unfortunate that such good advice about tango and shoes was going to be lost here under the guise of advice strictly related to living in microcentro. This isn't the first nor will it be the last thread that goes "off topic", so I would hope that if someone were to be curious about where to buy tango shoes that they would do an advanced search for it and find the appropriate threads (this one does come up if the search is made correctly, I just checked). Anyway, I don't see any reason for anybody to get bent out of shape, but that's just my opinion and all I'll say on the matter.

cheers, and happy new year to all. best of luck to the OP in her new neighborhood.

Thanks for your point of view. I'm certainly not bent out of shape. But my point is that she did say she was coming to dance tango shoes and was looking for shoes and thus the thread is not just about living in Microcenter regardless of the title.

mini said:
Thanks for your point of view. I'm certainly not bent out of shape. But my point is that she did say she was coming to dance tango shoes and was looking for shoes and thus the thread is not just about living in Microcenter regardless of the title.

You are absolutely right, mini! It's just that everything you and BC2 wrote about shoes and manners will be "lost" in the obscure depths of the forum shortly after members stop posting in the thread...and that's a shame.

It's 6PM. Do you know where your corkscrew is?

I'm getting mine right now.:D

steveinbsas said:
You are absolutely right, mini! It's just that everything you and BC2 wrote about shoes and manners will be "lost" in the obscure depths of the forum shortly after members stop posting in the thread...and that's a shame.

It's 6PM. Do you know where your corkscrew is?

I'm getting mine right now.:D

Yes, we do need to know where to place the "shame" & frankly grammar with it's misplaced modifiers and dangling participles has never been my strong suit. :)

You are right we should try not to get too serious when the corkscrew gets lost. ;) I'm waiting for people to get in touch for dinner. As soon as I get to the restaurant I'm going to order a large vodka tonic!

Mini & Steve are two of the greatest posters on this forum, come on!

Mini & Steve, make a beso to each other, now! :p

steveinbsas said:
If you are only going to be here for one month it's certainly worth paying a bit more to rent a place in a more secure location (though crime can happen anywhere).

Good point.

French jurist said:
Mini & Steve, make a beso to each other, now! :p

Although we are separated by over 600 KM, we are having simultaneous cocktails at this very moment.

Won't you please join us, FJ, where ever you are?:)

steveinbsas said:
Although we are separated by over 600 KM, we are having simultaneous cocktails at this very moment.

Won't you please join us, FJ, where ever you are?:)

I'm 45 km north of mini, and 645 north of you, but I'll gladly head towards the south to share a cocktail :D

Back