Advice On Assisted Living Facilities En Capital?

RichardP

Registered
Not something that usually comes up on an expat forum, but I imagine that some of you have some knowledge of this subject.
I'm trying to get some recommendations for an elderly relative that may need to transition into some kind of assisted living situation. I know that some of these can cost a fortune, and that some may be partly covered by the individual's obra social.
I see geriatricos all over the place. Is there something akin to assisted living in Argentina for people that are still active and can get around? Not looking for the kind of place where people are set in front of a television set to vegetate for hours on end with no activities.

There are good ones, and shitty ones. Decent attention are expensive (20 thousands or so). I know a friend of my sister than in December translated his mother to one of these. Very good prices (14 thousands if I remember correctly) and a very nice place, with activities, etc. I cant remember the name but was one of this geriatrico from the armenian community, in Armenia street I think. Hope this helps.

My grand ma needs 24/7 help.
We moved her to San Luis where it cost 1/3 with better service and attitude.
They have a good budget and only 150.000 people.

After my extensive research in 2010 for a loved one, the best places I found in CABA were: 1). Cohabitan (cohabitan.com.ar) in Almagro, near subte B, Almagro station and 2) Residencia Manantial (ResidenciaManantial.com.ar), more specialized in cognitive problems/Alzheimer) but further away in the Coghlan area. I thought both of them were top of the line back in 2010 for people who can afford it. I also learned of Edificio Manantial in Coghlan too (EdificioManantial.com.ar), which seems to be a more independent place for older people who leave in their own appartments; I didn't have the chance to check out this place but I heard good things about it. I hope this helps.

After my extensive research in 2010 for a loved one, the best places I found in CABA were: 1). Cohabitan (cohabitan.com.ar) in Almagro, near subte B, Almagro station and 2) Residencia Manantial (ResidenciaManantial.com.ar), more specialized in cognitive problems/Alzheimer) but further away in the Coghlan area.
Correction: my research was done in 2011.

In general if the person can live independently, instead of a nursing home, most people would hire live in help and a second person to cover up days off, etc. It is more affordable and the senior usually happier as he stays home.

Back