Advice/help wanted!! Urgente

banewbie1

Registered
Hello fellow foreigners,
I have a problem, and I'm hoping one of you will give me some POSITIVE feedback or advice on what I can do.

SO, the plan is to travel with my two friends from Bogota starting on (or around) the 24th of December by land, stopping in places along the way-- Northern Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia...ending finally in Bogota.

Well, a friend of ours is doing a similar thing starting the 6th of December and just bought her first train ticket to Salta last Friday. We went yesterday to Retiro and it seems all train tickets to the North (Rosario, Cordoba, Tucuman, Salta) are sold out. The first available date for travel is JANUARY 17TH!!

This is simply not going to work for any of us, Ive already notified my employers I'm leaving, we don't have any desire to spend the holidays in Buenos Aires and we're looking for a way out.

So, what I ask of you fellow foriegn friends is if any of you are going by car up North (to any of the places listed above, well in fact ANYWHERE) and would like the company of 3 very nice young friends, we would be happy to share our laughter, music, and of course all expenses with you.

If that is not a possibility, I am wondering if anyone knows any way that we can cheaply get the furthest possible North during this time. We don't want to fly.

Thanks all, and I look forward to your NICE RESPONSES!!

Or don't bother :)

Go to Retiro Bus terminal and get tickets there

yes, thanks so much for your responses!! we have/are considering the bus...but it is about 6 times the price. we realize if train isn't available, we will have to up the amount spent on travel but we are trying to keep it minimum since it's a long trip we're making and funds are not infinite. so we were wondering if anyone may have travelled there cheaply or might have heard of a cheap way (or a really cheap bus line) to make the trip up there.

thanks again :)

The places you mention are all in demand as porteños seek to escape the heat :Cordoba will be the most expensive as it is a traditional place to escape to. Bear in mind accommodation will also be at a premium for that reason.
Think sideways. Is there a place you can get to by train that takes you halfway there and the rest you do by bus ? Stuff like that .

Have you considered hitchhiking? Unlike in the U.S. it's a fairly common and surprisingly efficient way to get around. Depends on your age and gender too- I wouldn't go with just another female friend, but with a male friend I'd feel safe. Depends on your comfort level I guess- but certainly food for thought!

Hi, you´ve probably already left, but here is a great piece of information for anyone going to Salta. Buses going for 160 pesos daily, and on sale days 120 pesos. They are located close to Plaza Once. From Pueyrredon and Rivadavia, walk along Rivadavia downtown bound 1 block, and then half eastbound. There is one. Then exactly same place on the next block downtown bound, there is two. And then there is another one, again exactly same coordinates but next block south. You can also bargain it down 20 or more pesos especially if you get group rates.

I'm planning on doing the exact same thing starting around December 12! Can I meet up with you/ were you successful to find any bus or train tickets?

Back