Advice On Buying A Used Car Please

Thanks for that. Anybody know anything about insurance prices/rates?
Depends on car value and the coverage you want. I pay for a car valued at around 100.000 pesos approx. 500 per month for the most complete insurance plan they offer.

Yes, non-residents. Insurance info?

Zurich and Liberty will sell insurance to non-residents with peso cash payment!

Go to Mercado Libre for cars over 30 years?? no plate charges for old vehicles. Insurance???

I am worried about driving all the way up the mountain pass for nothing ...

Si quite a challenge to drive up to the Cristo Redentor and be turned back :cool: must be permanent resident

Zurich and Liberty will sell insurance to non-residents with peso cash payment!

Also Federacion Patronal Seguros will sell to non-residents (monthly payment at the insurance agency or via rapipago etc).

One reason why many foreigners move to BA is because one definitely doesn't need a car !! I've lived here for many years. My preference in getting around is bicycle, walking and collectivo. I don't live near a subte and the word taxi isn't in my vocabulary, Try getting around without a car, Buy a car, buy a headache. I wouldn't buy anything used in BA. A 30 year old car? You've got to be kidding..

Hah? are no ways to check before buying that used car if has summons,tickets,violations,accumulated against it ?
Can one not be able to check it out before purchasing a such second hand cars in AR?

Yes you can check all that, just aint as straight forward as it was back home in the uk when you just did an online check. Here you have to go backwards and forwards to different offices to check the vehicle and driver documentation. Thats at least our experience. And both cars we bought had loads of fines on them that required clearing before purchase.

Back