Alberto Fernández does not lie

artisans

Registered
Everyone should read this excellent, revealing interview with the now President of Argentina, Alberto Fernández.
A unique man in any time and leading any country, he considers himself a common man, saying ‘Every time I speak, I’m saying the truth – I don’t lie’.
And he speaks well. He's also a common man well rounded man with a deep reservoir of experience, logic and savoir-faire.
It is a terrible time in human history and
Argentina the country and for those residing within. Argentinos and extrañjeros, are fortunate indeed such a person leads in making the decisions ahead, guiding the country and the people.

To be fair, it’s too early in Alberto’s presidency for me to make lasting judgements. However, he obviously lies. For example, his first lie is saying he doesn’t lie.
Yeah well, his is a long political history, available in this article. You don't have to wait. Suggest you read the article before opining, going negative and who asked for making 'lasting judgements'? He sounds like a Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He has a convincing intellect as a common man. And when and if you read his thoughts think about what abounds in the disastrous presidencies of Brazil and the United States, for contrast. Alberto Gonzalez deserves the support and confidence of the people, if and until he abrogates it. And please don't pretend putting in place a plan to help seniors help themselves and protect the medical system is one. At the least you could show respect for what he's done so far in this crisis.

Yeah well, his is a long political history, available in this article. You don't have to wait. Suggest you read the article before opining, going negative and who asked for making 'lasting judgements'? He sounds like a Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He has a convincing intellect as a common man. And when and if you read his thoughts think about what abounds in the disastrous presidencies of Brazil and the United States, for contrast. Alberto Gonzalez deserves the support and confidence of the people, if and until he abrogates it. And please don't pretend putting in place a plan to help seniors help themselves and protect the medical system is one. At the least you could show respect for what he's done so far in this crisis.
Its not wise to become a fan of a politician. However, none of what you wrote about above is the point of the thread. So, does he lie or not? Does he ever lie? Has he ever lied? Will he ever lie?

Pearls of semi-wisdom? Enjoy your Lord of the Flies existence outside society.
I'm a fan and supporter of several politicians. They're the good ones, who give their lives to governing and perpetuating a democracy I was born into, a complex and dynamic society.
The point of the thread is Alberto Fernandez, and is supported by an interview on a wide range of topics.
Read the article, obviously you have not and prefer to hang yourself to the quote Fernandez gave from the interview. Did he lie in the interview? Be specific and explain. Because otherwise you've made a Final Judgement. And one not supported by any FACTS.

Wow the tone of these posts changed fast! Might be a record.

Regardless of the subject, when you post an assertion that a politician does not lie (ever!?), you might need to back that up with something beyond a link to an interview.

Wow the tone of these posts changed fast! Might be a record.

Regardless of the subject, when you post an assertion that a politician does not lie (ever!?), you might need to back that up with something beyond a link to an interview.
What I posted in the topic was his quote, not my assertion. And if you don't read the interview am not interested in debating the supercilious notion here, that politicians lie.
So, as for others, read the interview and form your own opinion. Fernandez is very open and earnest in the interview. In addition to providing a depth of information on Argentina's political sphere that, for someone not Argentine or well informed on Argentina, it's revealing and very educational.

What I posted in the topic was his quote, not my assertion. And if you don't read the interview am not interested in debating the supercilious notion here, that politicians lie.
So, as for others, read the interview and form your own opinion. Fernandez is very open and earnest in the interview. In addition to providing a depth of information on Argentina's political sphere that, for someone not Argentine or well informed on Argentina, it's revealing and very educational.
He has done so many flip flops on the corruption of the Kirchners that it's hard to take him seriously on the issue of not lying. Hard to believe that he just "reconsidered" his position on all that corruption, especially when there is more evidence against the Kirchners now than when he made those corruption allegations. Was he lying then ir is he lying now?

Does the issue of whether or not he lies mean necessarily that he hasn't done a good job with this crisis? Absolutely not. In general I think he has, even though only time will tell if he made the right choices.

Pearls of semi-wisdom? Enjoy your Lord of the Flies existence outside society.
I'm a fan and supporter of several politicians. They're the good ones, who give their lives to governing and perpetuating a democracy I was born into, a complex and dynamic society.
The point of the thread is Alberto Fernandez, and is supported by an interview on a wide range of topics.
Read the article, obviously you have not and prefer to hang yourself to the quote Fernandez gave from the interview. Did he lie in the interview? Be specific and explain. Because otherwise you've made a Final Judgement. And one not supported by any FACTS.

Not once have I targeted anything personal at you so your personal attacks are telling.

Putting that aside, there are some FACTS you are getting wrong.

Firstly, I had already read the interview before you posted it. The source is a well-known publication so why are your blindly assuming people have not read it?

And I don’t hang myself on the quote but on you saying he does not lie. The title of the thread is Alberto Fernandez does not lie. Your title is presented as a statement of fact. Fine. So the topic of the thread was Alberto does not lie. And he did lie in the interview and I specifically said when.

I also made no reference to the cliche all politicians lie. Everyone lies and so Alberto does too. Whether he is a politician or not is unimportant.

You want others to discuss the interview but your OP does not discuss it, instead you wax lyrical about Fernández and explain why we all should feel the same. If you wanted to discuss the interview perhaps you could have got the ball rolling. Instead you made the daft assertion he doesn’t lie and got offended and childish at the responses. I can only imagine you was expecting a pat of the back and feel put out you didn’t get one. Why else would you take the replies so personally?

As for the source you provided but barely discussed until your last post. Alberto does lie, he lies in the interview, he seems like a nice enough guy, sometimes his heart has been in the right place. On the surface I like him. And wider, he’s doing a decent job in a messy situation.

Back