American Tourist Stabbed In La Boca.

https://www.infobae.com/sociedad/policiales/2017/12/21/hablo-el-medico-que-le-salvo-la-vida-al-turista-estadounidense-apunalado-en-la-boca/

foto-Wolekfoto-Wolek.jpg

TodoNoticias showed a video interview with him.

Excellent video. The 38 year old surgeon couldn't be nicer. Compassionate, kind, guided by his faith. The intervewer asks him what the sugery would have cost in the US Around $200,000. At a public hospital in Argentina: free. Facilities can be poor at public hospitals in Argentina but there are many fine doctors who are not motivated by a love of money.

Even though he is a foreigner he was not charged anything at the public hospital?

T/

Even though he is a foreigner he was not charged anything at the public hospital?

T/

Been to public hospitals free here myself a few times I was charged like 100 pesos but never more. In URU I was changed 50 pesos which might as well be free compared to the US at any rate. I have heard something along the lines that they will now ask if you have insurance and they will use it. If not then it is free anyway but that was hear say.

T/

Correct. Public hospitals treat everyone without cost. I don't know why Pensador was charged 100 pesos. Was someone taking advantage of him?

During the bird flu (forget official name) crisis here some years ago the only medicine that could treat it was available at public hospitals. I got mine as a precaution at the Hospital Fernandez. A prescription was needed. There was no charge for the medicine.

On a related subject, does UBA charge foreign students anything in their undergraduate school? I believe it used to be totally free. Maybe is now. I think there are some charges for graduate school.

Correct. Public hospitals treat everyone without cost. I don't know why Pensador was charged 100 pesos. Was someone taking advantage of him?

During the bird flu (forget official name) crisis here some years ago the only medicine that could treat it was available at public hospitals. I got mine as a precaution at the Hospital Fernandez. A prescription was needed. There was no charge for the medicine.

On a related subject, does UBA charge foreign students anything in their undergraduate school? I believe it used to be totally free. Maybe is now. I think there are some charges for graduate school.
UBA is free whether you are local or foreigner.

Back