Animal abuse - Advice Needed

Lee said:
Here is the problem. We live on the 15th floor so we have a good view of other buildings. We have seen a doorman who has a dog. No problem with having a dog BUT the only time he sees this dog is to abuse it! The poor thing is never taken out and lives on the roof!

We have lived in this apartment going on 2 years now and this asshole has never walked the dog...it spends all of it's time exposed to the elements (with no shelter at all)...he "see's it" 2 times a week and when he does he kicks it and generally abuses the poor thing.

We are sick of this shit and want to know what can be done about this! I know that this is NOT a top priority here BUT we are seeing abuse and the one being abused is powerless to do anything about it so we have to be his/her voice.

What are our options?

We have thought about offering this insensitive asshole money to BUY the dog...just to get it out of this inhuman situation. We simply can not stand by and allow this.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Not a difficult problem to deal with. Think like an Argentine. First get the photos, then make the posters, then picket the building demanding his removal and the liberation of the dog. Have you ever seen the police intervene against a well organised demonstration? Do you think the building owners (his employers) will be happy to retain him when there are pictures plastered everywhere of him kicking the dog? Happy to provide the long lens and join the picket....direct (non violent...unless you happen to catch him down a dark alley) is the way to go!

Miles Lewis said:
Not a difficult problem to deal with. Think like an Argentine. First get the photos, then make the posters, then picket the building demanding his removal and the liberation of the dog. Have you ever seen the police intervene against a well organised demonstration? Do you think the building owners (his employers) will be happy to retain him when there are pictures plastered everywhere of him kicking the dog? Happy to provide the long lens and join the picket....direct (non violent...unless you happen to catch him down a dark alley) is the way to go!
Excellent thinking Miles, If you need my help for anything let me know:)

I'd happily join any picket (and imagine a picket made of a bunch of nationalities : perfect subject for cronica tv).

Nevertheless the problem is too to avoid at possible that this guy takes a future revenge hurting other dogs. Main difficulty I see.

markbsas said:
Do you ever really contribute anything of value here? Or do you just enjoy hearing yourself talk and/or enjoy being an asshole?

Who's the asshole who is saying the guy should get beaten up? What he does is not worse than what you do when eating meat. You are all hypocrites. Don't judge people if you can't stand being judged yourselves.

orwellian said:
Who's the asshole who is saying the guy should get beaten up? What he does is not worse than what you do when eating meat. You are all hypocrites. Don't judge people if you can't stand being judged yourselves.

I'll tell you what... instead of inviting you to meet me in a dark alley somewhere... I'm headed to Jumbo to buy some carne, would you like to stop by for a parrilla later?

:rolleyes:

markbsas said:
I'll tell you what... instead of inviting you to meet me in a dark alley somewhere... I'm headed to Jumbo to buy some carne, would you like to stop by for a parrilla later?

:rolleyes:

I don't mind you guys eating meat. I am sure you like it and some animal abuse is not going to stop you. But please don't point your finger to some old doorman who is abusing his animal. That's all I ask.

Since it is a crime, go ahead and report him to the police. Then forget it and move on.

orwellian said:
I don't mind you guys eating meat. I am sure you like it and some animal abuse is not going to stop you. But please don't point your finger to some old doorman who is abusing his animal. That's all I ask.

Since it is a crime, go ahead and report him to the police. Then forget it and move on.

Ok fine... now you want to have a sensible discussion. I'm impressed.

Hypothetical situation...

You walk outside to take out the trash... your next door neighbor is kicking the s*** out of a poor little starving dog who was wandering the streets. Orwellian... what would you do? What would be your response to this?

You would just turn your back and walk away, allowing the beating to continue? Just walk in the house and call the police? That's it?

Back