Animal abuse - Advice Needed

Before videotaping anything, make sure the roof can be accessed by other people living in the building (don't videotape the guy if he is in a private place).

You could too place a note in your building's elevator asking people to witness it, then go to the police a few of you to report the guy.

The only & best thing that can happen is that something appears on the guy "antecedentes" so that, if he does it again in the future.

Nevertheless, it would be clever to make a picket in front of the guy's building : if we are 15 or 20, of a few nationalities and if Cronica TV comes, the guy will be "labeled" forever in the barrio.

I wouldn't mind coming since I rescue stray dogs.
When I was 20, I actually played a quite dirty trick on an animal abuser... and it worked

On a side note, why did you watch this sad show for two years and did not attempt to help the poor creature before? I am amazed it is still alive!

markbsas said:
Hypothetical situation...

You walk outside to take out the trash... your next door neighbor is kicking the s*** out of a poor little starving dog who was wandering the streets. Orwellian... what would you do? What would be your response to this?

You would just turn your back and walk away, allowing the beating to continue? Just walk in the house and call the police? That's it?

A doubt the police will care. What I normally do when I see people beat their dogs, is in a calm voice, try to tell them that beating an animal will not do any good. If they were beating a stray dog I'd probably ask them why they are doing it. But I have never come across that yet.

In this case I would try to talk to the doorman, and if doesn't stop it, I'd report it to the police. I wouldn't put up pictures and start to picket. That would just create animosity between your neighbors.

But now I think I know why Lee and his boyfriend got pubes in their Sushi.

orwellian said:
A doubt the police will care. What I normally do when I see people beat their dogs, is in a calm voice, try to tell them that beating an animal will not do any good. If they were beating a stray dog I'd probably ask them why they are doing it. But I have never come across that yet.

In this case I would try to talk to the doorman, and if doesn't stop it, I'd report it to the police. I wouldn't put up pictures and start to picket. That would just create animosity between your neighbors.

But now I think I know why Lee and his boyfriend got pubes in their Sushi.

Ah so you would reason with a dog abuser... got it. Oh boy...

Maybe a calm talking to followed with a threat such as if I see this again "I'm calling the police" or "I'm coming to kick your a***" might work. But thinking you are going to talk some sense into a person like this is completely naive.

Actually seen it many many times. People like this who prey on the weak only respond to force or aggression that is why the police are a good idea IF they actually acted on it. But for some reason I get the impression that filing a complaint like this might actually come back to haunt you here in BsAs. Some way, some how. But I could be wrong.

Animal abuses cases are really, really hard to prosecute and unfortunately, if he is providing some form of sustenance and shelter to the dog, I think you would be hard-pressed to find an agency that will do anything about it:(

Lee - perhaps a non-confrontational word with the doorman? or maybe you could offer to at least take the dog for a walk (again - without necessarily criticizing him but saying something like "I see your dog from our apt and it seems like you don't get a chance to walk him. Perhaps we could do it for you")

So sad.

markbsas said:
Ah so you would reason with a dog abuser... got it. Oh boy...

Maybe a calm talking to followed with a threat such as if I see this again "I'm calling the police" or "I'm coming to kick your a***" might work. But thinking you are going to talk some sense into a person like this is completely naive.

Well I am reasoning with you and you are an animal abuser, at least indirectly. And you're right, I doubt I can talk some sense into you. But I try, without resorting to "I wanna kick your ass in a dark alley".

Back