Another Californian on the way to BA

Clare

Registered
I am a recent grad of Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, lived in Santiago for a while in college, but totally fell in love with BA...so I am moving back in September to live, love, and learn. My plan is to stay a while and really settle in, but I don't know a soul so I am hoping to get plugged into the expat community pretty quick and also meet some locals. Any advice on finding apartments or other common newcomer mistakes would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait...

hey what's cooking? BA is awesome.. but i know how it can me stressful at first... i'm F/23, have been here for about 3 months.. feel free to email me where you get here .... [email protected]..
cheers, val

Welcome newcomers! I´d be glad to assist in your transition by clarifying any doubts. Being half-expat and half-local, I guess I can see things from both sides at once. Zestie, there are periodic expat gatherings and dinners, have you come already? I´m trying to confirm a tentative dinner for this Fri Aug 11. Send me a note if you would like to attend. Cheers, Joe

Welcome newcomers! I´d be glad to assist in your transition by clarifying any doubts. Being half-expat and half-local, I guess I can see things from both sides at once. Zestie, there are periodic expat gatherings and dinners, have you come already? We are trying to confirm a tentative dinner for Fri Aug 18?. Send me a note if you would like to attend. Cheers, Joe

2 newcomers here from England.......looking to meet some new friends too. Let us know when you're next meeting up for a beer or coffee?
you can email directly if thats better [email protected]

I've taken the bull by the horns and have started to arrange a few getting to know people drinks for Sat 9th Sept. I'm not sure where yet, but if anybody fancies joining us then please email me on [email protected], there's already 11 of us who have yet to meet!!
cheers
Natasha

Hi all, speaking of get-togethers, next one is TONITE!!
Here is info, sorry, I just confirmed it, Hope you can go and to see you there.
Cheers, Joe

"Hi everyone, regarding that we have our open house monthly event, we are glad to inform that wednesday, the 30th of August, we
will have a welcoming open house party, with empanadas, wine, tragos, beer,
and more, the address is ayacucho 1571 planta baja , groundfloor.
The party starts at 8 pm and ends around 1 am. We also have set up a
DJ, as well as special surprises and gifts.

Looking foward to hearing from you guys.

RSVP

Juan Carranza

cool links and photos
www.academyrecoleta .com.ar
www.tflocal. org

4 803 2209
4 809 0858"

Natasha:
Tried sending you an e-mail to the address you mention but it came back "failed delivery". Have sent you a private note with my e-mail thru this site... would love to join you!

Back