Antecendentes penales...Can you get a turno?

Hi everyone. In relation to the documents to be sublitted in the application for the DNI, does anybody knows if it is necessary to attach the ORIGINAL letter of antecedentes penales (Police letter) of the country of origin (in this case Ireland). Would a photocopy be acceptible?

My translator felt that it is necessar to attach the origional but I do not want to include it as I may not see it again.
Thanks!!

Rose

Rose090 said:
Hi everyone. In relation to the documents to be sublitted in the application for the DNI, does anybody knows if it is necessary to attach the ORIGINAL letter of antecedentes penales (Police letter) of the country of origin (in this case Ireland). Would a photocopy be acceptible?

My translator felt that it is necessar to attach the origional but I do not want to include it as I may not see it again.
Thanks!!

Rose

Hi Rose,

The registro (the agency that issues the DNI) does not require any criminal reports.

Migraciones wants them from your home country and also from Argentina (if you are applying for your visa here).

They need to be originals and there is no need to worry about not seeing them again as criminal reports have very short shelf life. If the report is more than six (possibly even less) months old or if you return to your home country prior to applying for your visa here the report will not be accepted.

I am in Misiones and now I am completely confused. I thought I was doing it all right, and since I have not received my report yet, I think I did it wrong. The police here took my fingerprints, I paid the fee online, sent those and the application to the antardia address in the beginning of December and still nothing. I am going to try to call tomorrow. How do you do this whole residency process if you are not in Buenos Aires? I read a ton of post on here, gathered the information, have been gathering the documents. I am so close, but feel so far away!

Guys,

A question about Argentine police report. I am thinking of collecting it from "Tucuman 1357" on wednesday afternoon. Am I on the right track? What time, should I reach there , so I am not late? And do I need a appointment ( I believe the website says, it does). Where can I walk in without a appointment and get a police report in 48 hours. A street address please.

Then I need to get it endorsed by Ministry of External affairs to be used abroad. Where can I find the Argentine MEA? Street address.

Thanks in advance guys!

Guys,

A question about Argentine police report. I am thinking of collecting it from "Tucuman 1357" on wednesday afternoon. Am I on the right track? What time, should I reach there , so I am not late? And do I need a appointment ( I believe the website says, it does). Where can I walk in without a appointment and get a police report in 48 hours. A street address please.

Then I need to get it endorsed by Ministry of External affairs to be used abroad. Where can I find the Argentine MEA? Street address.

Thanks in advance guys!

Make an appointment on line (you already have the website address) to get you penales antecedents at Piedras 115. Go there with your passport. You will pay about $40 pesos for next day service. They will take your fingerprints and you will return after 4 PM the next day to pick up the report. If you don't pick it up within two weeks you will have to get another one. It does NOT need to be endorsed (authenticated) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (on Aranales). Take it with all of your other papers to migraciones when you have your turno. You do not need to make a photocopy of this report. I believe it is valid for 60 days.

Just a word of advice... be careful which service you pay for and if it's offered at the office you plan to go. :) My husband requested an appointment and payed online for the expedited report thinking he could go to any of the places. We went to the one closest to our home and was told they don't do the expedited service there. He said that's fine, he could wait since it wasn't an emergency and we had waited in line for an hour. They said no, that even though he had an appointment and had paid online (being more expensive than the standard service) they wouldn't process his request and sent him to Tucuman.

He ended up having to pay again and making another appointment because going into Capital would have been an even bigger headache.

Reincidencias, @ Tribunales on Tucuman, used to have a 6hs/same day service, another in 24hs and the regular few days nightmare.

I suggest Piedras 115. The three times I went there (2007-08-09) they were really efficient.

In the past two years I've suggested two friends go there, too.

It was by far the easiest tramite of the residency process for both of them (neither spoke much castellano and both went on their own).

Is their an y place in CF, where you could just walk in and take the report.

What is the address of Ministry of external affairs? I need the police report of Argentina for another country. Thanks.

Is their an y place in CF, where you could just walk in and take the report.

If there was the lines would be horrible. The reason they require turnos is so people won't have to wait so long. I stopped at Tucuman once in 2006 and got a number. There were over 400 individuals ahead of me. I went back to migraciones and did it there (thanks to Patriciafromuruguay).

What is the address of Ministry of external affairs? I need the police report of Argentina for another country. Thanks.

It's Arenales 761....and I think you need to go there before noon. :rolleyes:

Back