Any Argentinians on this site that relocated to Buenos Aires after living abroad?

asadofed said:
porque en este foro se escribe en ingles, amigo.
De lo contrario muchos expatriados no entenderian nada.

salute!

donde dice que el ingles es el idioma oficial del sitio? esto es para expatriados de todo el mundo... tambien se podria hablar en frances, aleman, italiano o esperanto.
el que empezo este thread dijo q era argentino buscando argentinos q se fueron y volvieron al pais, para que corno quieren que los demas entiendan lo que uds. dicen?

Don´t be ashamed to utilize your mother languague.

No one is ever under any obligation to speak a certain language simply because of one's heritage. Many people express themselves better in a language different from their mother's tongue.

I am more articulate in English even though it is technically my fourth language.

Work history often plays a dominating role in determining one's 'preferred' language.

Additionally; the expectation that someone born in Argentina should use Spanish on this forum is indicative of the local attitudes with which a returning Argentinean is now struggling.

Neil

I lived in the US for thirty five years - back in BA now, and repelled/attracted by life here. If anyone is thinking of forming a discussion group I'd love to join. I have a large loving family here, but no one who shared what I lived through.

Regarding languages, I prefer to write in English, else I forget it...! After years of solid Spanish jabbing, my hard-earned mastery English is beginning to fade.

Vikingo nobody is ashamed:D

If you don't like to write in english, don't do it.

This forum is designed in english....that is why everyone writes english.

No need to over-analize something so simple.

Denver said:
Additionally; the expectation that someone born in Argentina should use Spanish on this forum is indicative of the local attitudes with which a returning Argentinean is now struggling.

Neil

You are 100% right about this last sentence:)

The old saying 'You can never go home again' has a lot of truth to it.

When you live and work in another culture for an extended period of time, it changes you.

It's romantic to think that one can pick and choose between cultures, but the reality is that we become a product of both. -Not entirely A, nor entirely B. It can be a frustrating and lonely experience.

I believe the solution is to embrace your 'bastard persona' by remembering that you hold experiences that are unique, which makes you worth celebrating :)

Neil

Denver said:

Neil

Yes, you are right. My barbarian attitude may force you to reconsiderer your move back.

Don´t take what we say so seriously, I was just doing a funny "argentinian" observation, don´t meant to offense anybody... it´s the way we speak that sound rude to you.

Vikingo, si, tu pregunta es valida, pero escribiendo en ingles todos estan incluidos!
Saludos!

Well, I'm not Argentine, but I at least "bicultural" & definitely know where you are coming from. I would also love to meet up and talk about our experiences. If you get something planned do let me know.

Back