Any Bikers Out There?

Both those stories appear to be saying they are proposing changes, not that the changes have been enacted. I checked the Herald, looking for a story in English, but didn't find anything.

Redpossum, there are numerous proposals, some of which have been enacted into law.
The compulsory use of reflective chalecos (like a waistcoat) with the bike reg number printed large on the back; the bike reg number printed large on the rear of your helmet; the banning of pillion passengers on any bike.
Add to that the draconian new vehicle taxes, spare parts availability and the general view that bikers are criminals and you get an idea of how disgruntled we bikers have become.

It's all getting a bit silly:
http://www.infocamioneros.com.ar/el-sindicato-de-motoqueros-se-opone-a-proyecto-de-ordenanza-enviado-por-granados/
Some bikers have even suggested that, if we should have to be singled out by plastering our registration number all over what we wear, then a star of David would be the appropriate sign as used by the nazis.

Here in CA USA, the big Harley riding but only those ones with club branding and tatooed armed Morons are
clasiffied as the "bad riders" but people admires the ones riding in tandem, mostly piloted by men on fron and girl at behind if they are well protected by the trendy leathers! Most of time, I see those riders on Harleys or the Gold Wings and they are just cozily cruisin'even in the rash hours on the extreme left 'pooling" lanes...With the cruise control on !

I will be ready pretty soon to start riding as soon as this Nor-Cal rains goes away. I have been polishing my bikes....Should I take the cruiser FJ 1st http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2014_yamaha_fjr1300es/ or the adrenaline pumping R1..? http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/yamaha/2013-yamaha-yzf-r1-ar137296.html

The FJR is relatevely easier and not too fatigueing when riding to this "pensioner" but the R1 is whole different story to ride. It needs to be taken very easy or you would get tired pretty soon.! The cruiser with the big and adjusting faring that stops/deflect the wind and it goes up and down with a touch of switch for its operation, a piece of cake ! But the R1, if you twist that right hand grip too soon and goe through the gears, it gathers speed so fast into three digit strastopheric zone in a zap! And I have to get going to the gym every day to castigate my body to build the necessary strength in order to ride the R1!

So I will start with the FJ then once getting adjusted again for this season's riding, then alternate to more exciting R1.! Oh the fun time around the corner again!

HJ, the FJ is a space shuttle compared to my Jawa.
Let's get something organised :)

Nearly 200 bikes in Plaza de Mayo making lots of noise and cruising round Microcentro.
There's another one planned for Wednesday 1800, so keep an eye/ear open.

Nearly 200 bikes in Plaza de Mayo making lots of noise and cruising round Microcentro.
There's another one planned for Wednesday 1800, so keep an eye/ear open.

Raising awareness about global warming?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gringoboy Travellers Stories 8
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
French jurist Expat Life 5
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
Back