Any body every use the rentinBA agency?

Whatever you do, don't sign anything before checking out the place first hand.
Switch all the lights, flush the toilets, turn the AC (if available) on and off. Run all the taps and if at all possible, ring the people above, in front and next to you (your future neighbours) to see if any dogs bark... they can be really annoying when you are trying to sleep. Make sure all included appliances are in good working condition by actually using them (on and off) TV, phone line connections and internet are a must. Visit the building at different hours of the day and specially at night. Any attempt to stop you from doing so should be taken as a clear sign of trouble. People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Your 6th sense will certainly come in handy in BA. Good luck.

I have had no personal experience with RentinBA, except that they have been spamming our Forum on Tripadvisor. If they are a reputable agency then they would not need to be fabricating rental experiences on Tripadvisor.
Hope that they can clear this up, since at this point, I would not reccommend them to any visitors.

I needed to rent an apartment real quick when I got back from Uruguay on a rush a few months ago and they left me hanging day after day repeating day after day that they had *just* rented the one I wanted until I found other arrangements.

I was wondering, what's the agency's position on the subject of USD. They should know the law that bans the purchase of foreign currency and the law that bans long term rent contracts in USD... I just got in contact with them (I'm planning to move from where I am) and don't know how to handle this subject in the negotiations.

Hello,

I've always rented my apts here with "Stay un Buenos Aires" and never got any problems with them.

DO NOT RENT FROM RENTINBA! The worst company i ever rented from. They didn't lived up to what the promised. No wireless internet and very slow, the maid never showed up, unclean towels and sheets, dirty pool, poor kitchenware, poor furniture, the elevators was often out of service, we couldn't use the sauna because the caretaker were to lazy to set it up for us etc etc. But above all, we didn't get the deposit back! We also talked with the other guests in the house and our problems wasn't really uncommon. As everyone else already written. Avoid Rentinba. Really shity company.

Good luck with your trip, BA is a really nice city!

I´m with Jano, don´t sign before you read it all! The paperwork is in spanish so make sure you know what it says. As for the renting comp... first time I got here, I tried Deptostemporarios. The website is somewhat confusing but the aprtments was ok. Last year I came here with my wife and I took a place from Rentinba. They have very cool apartments in san telmo, I think it was in caseros av. They were kinde nice, even gave us a free taxi from the apartment back to the airport!

RentinBa was able to get us a furnished apartment just before the Christmas season in the area we wanted--Palermo Soho. The company is extremely "hands on, " making sure the inventory was correct at check-in, the apt was clean, and everything working. They also provided cell phones for our use during our stay. Zohar and Nestor speak English and were immediately responsive to any questions or repairs that needed attention during our almost 3 months in Buenos Aires. Payment was handled securely and they arranged a late check-out, making the late night departure for the airport much easier. Highly recommended!

Sheila Groh said:
RentinBa was able to get us a furnished apartment just before the Christmas season in the area we wanted--Palermo Soho. The company is extremely "hands on, " making sure the inventory was correct at check-in, the apt was clean, and everything working. They also provided cell phones for our use during our stay. Zohar and Nestor speak English and were immediately responsive to any questions or repairs that needed attention during our almost 3 months in Buenos Aires. Payment was handled securely and they arranged a late check-out, making the late night departure for the airport much easier. Highly recommended!

Note: Sheila Groh registered today, and this is her first post. Same goes for CarlJefferd and DavidReiner...

But no URL, eh? SEO guy on vacation?

Back