Any English Bookstore

dmeyer6

Registered
Hi all,
I am new to Buenos Aires and just finished the last book I brought down here. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go to find some English books, either used or new? I live in Palermo but I also have classes by the Callao and Tribunales subte stops on linea D. Thanks for the help.

Dave.

Hey Dave,
There is an amazing English used books store in a little mall on the corner of Santa Fe and Pueyrredon. They have a large selection and the man that owns/works there speaks English, and is very helpful. It also has a great 'used book smell' in the store that make me smile. I highly recommend going there and checking it out!

KEL is a small chain (4 or 5 stores) of English language bookstores in Buenos Aires. There is a branch not too far from you. It is at Marcelo T. de Alvear 1369. They stock predominately books related to the English language and teaching, but there is also a large selection of greatly overpriced novels.

There is a nice place called Boutique del Libro in Palermo Soho (Thames 1762) with a decent selection of english books on the second floor, as well as Walrus in San Telmo (Estados Unidos 617), which I have not been to but has been recommended by a number of people. Apparently they recently recieved a large shipment so the selection should be good.

I love Boutique del Libro, it is my favorite small Buenos Aires bookstore, and I am often in the cafe, but I must say that the selection of English books upstairs is tiny, and if you take away the English learning books, there are maybe a hundred titles. Go to B del Libro for the atmosphere (and if you read Spanish), but KEL will give you the most selection, although the prices are pretty ridiculous -- I have noted at least a 40% markup over US prices for the same book.

Head to Walrus books in San Telmo on the corner of Estados Unidos and Peru. Cool owner, good English books line.

HDM said:
KEL is a small chain (4 or 5 stores) of English language bookstores in Buenos Aires. There is a branch not too far from you. It is at Marcelo T. de Alvear 1369. They stock predominately books related to the English language and teaching, but there is also a large selection of greatly overpriced novels.

/"City Slickers"/ Scoop of vanilla, scoop of chocolate. Don't waste my time. /"City Slickers"/

flippinkittin said:
Hey Dave,
There is an amazing English used books store in a little mall on the corner of Santa Fe and Pueyrredon. They have a large selection and the man that owns/works there speaks English, and is very helpful. It also has a great 'used book smell' in the store that make me smile. I highly recommend going there and checking it out!

Actually, these folks have two locations:

Recoleta:
Santa Fe and Pueyrredon
Av Santa Fe 2450
Loc 7-Subsuelo

Belgrano:
Ave Cabildo 2280
Loc 80-81 - 1 Piso

Lunes A Viernes 9:30 a 12:30 & 16 a 19 Hs
Sabados: 9:30 a 13:00

Don't know if you already saw this on the main page, but its right up your ally:

Thursday, 13 August

Buenos Aires Book Crawl[LandingPadBA.com]
Do you want some real excitement? Do you want to spend hours skimming through cover flaps, making mental reading lists and searching through dusty volumes to find bargains?* If literature, history and...

Back