Any Experience Buying Men's Shoes?

My 'febo' shoes have been very satisfactory - not in the 'Clarks' class, but then they cost only about half of those, some AR$ 350-400.

If I may suggest: http://www.oggi.com.ar

These shoes are very good quality and reasonably priced. I particularly like their "zapatos de suela".

I bought a few so far and they've been absolutely great.

Three years ago I've got a pair for $99 pesos. Today a similar model will go for about $300. Inflation? nah! :)

Roxana said:
What is known as Boticelli shoe store in the US, as italian made shoes, are found here as Bonifafce shoe store, on San Jose street, between Mexico and Chile is the outlet store, where you will find very good quality argentinian made shoes at a good price as they are not the model of the current season, and they dont have all the sizes available. Last time I went Lisandro was the clerk, very nice, he knew his job.

Thanks again Roxana. I went over there on Friday just to take a look. The store is actually between Mexico & Venezuela. And there are a lot of other shoe stores over there as well and most of them have plenty of men's shoes.

In general, I think that the styles of men's shoes in the country are horrible, but there were actually some that looked fairly nice. Some were even semi-conservative, but with good leather, good craftsmanship, and a sense of understated style. Others were just plain ugly, but obviously many people disagree with my tastes, or these styles wouldn't be produced year after year.

I'll probably go back tomorrow to actually make a purchase. Most shoes were in the AR$300-AR$550 range, depending on whether or not they were on sale. And CASH gets a discount without having to ask. The dual prices are listed at most places.

Ries said:
But I question your basic premise, which seems to be implying that the shape of Argentine feet is somehow different from my cornfed Amurrican feet.

They are not.

Feet are feet.

i find that hard to believe.. :eek:

Napoleon said:
Thanks again Roxana. I went over there on Friday just to take a look. The store is actually between Mexico & Venezuela. And there are a lot of other shoe stores over there as well and most of them have plenty of men's shoes.

In general, I think that the styles of men's shoes in the country are horrible, but there were actually some that looked fairly nice. Some were even semi-conservative, but with good leather, good craftsmanship, and a sense of understated style. Others were just plain ugly, but obviously many people disagree with my tastes, or these styles wouldn't be produced year after year.

I'll probably go back tomorrow to actually make a purchase. Most shoes were in the AR$300-AR$550 range, depending on whether or not they were on sale. And CASH gets a discount without having to ask. The dual prices are listed at most places.

The last time I went to this street, about 3 months ago, the prices had shot up. Men's shoes were in the AR$475-AR$675 range.

For much better quality shoes, you could hit a GUIDO'S MOCASINES store ( http://www.guidomocasines.com.ar/ ) where the quality is MUCH better and the prices at that time were about AR$750.

I would recommend Guido's (3 locations), or Lopez Taibo (a few locations) or perhaps the shoe store on Marcelo T. Alvear between Florida & Reconquista. (There might be two places along there.)

John.St said:
My 'febo' shoes have been very satisfactory - not in the 'Clarks' class, but then they cost only about half of those, some AR$ 350-400.

I like the Febo shoes. Bought a pair with 570 pesos in Jan. they recently however hiked the price and the same pair now costs 720...
they are in better style and more comfortable than Oggi, which is still very good.

Back