Any favourite restaurants con onda in Recoleta?

Dipperus said:
There are a bunch of restaurants on Rodriguez Peña, between Arenales and Santa Fe ... I think Salto de Ranas (mexican), Rigoletto (italian) and a few other places. Never been, but whenever I go to Casabar which is across the street, they always seem to be packed.

Also there are a lot of Hotels in the area (not just Hyatt and Alvear) which have very good restaurants ... don't remember the hotel names (maybe someone else does?) but there are a couple on Callao, and one on Montevideo next to Tea Connection.

And around the corner from Tea Connection, on Quintana, you have Arkakao. I've only gone there for the ice cream, which is excellent though expensive, but there's also a restaurant. On the other side of Montevideo, still on Quintana, there's a small restaurant called El Almacen de los Sueños (or something like that) for which I've heard good reviews.

Hope this helps!
You are close: It's actually "El Almacen de Los Milagros" and it is FANTASTIC --- small but very chic with wonderful food.

http://www.elalmacendelosmilagros.com/welcome.html

We like Shi Yuan at Tagle 2531. It's a shockingly good Chinese restaurant for BA. Excellent Peking duck.

Down the street from there is La Locanda, a new Italian restaurant started by a family from Sardinia. They like to choose what you eat, but when pressed they'll give you a menu. They charged us the same $375 pesos for 2 on both of our visits. We had a three course meal the first time and only a bowl of pasta and one shared desert the second time. So it's no bargain, but the food is a far cry from typical BA Italian.

Thanks for the suggestions! We ended up at M Buenos Aires (Monserrat) which is always lovely and gorgeous. A friend who spent the past 5 years living in Tokyo was perfectly impressed which is certainly rare enough in BA ... And the cocktails are divine.

I am dying to try El Almacen de Los Milagros but we wanted a little more of a youthful/ fun atmosphere for last night. The food looks great though :)

Back