Any Ferry Attempts On Rio De La Plata Below Buenos Aires?

I can;t read if the line I refer to is the dredged part of the river or not, but it's certainly closer to the line I mention (easily recognizable as its the only one that connects the colonia port to darsena norte) than to the big canals meant for larger ships and for access to Montevideo and the Atlantic, not to connect Buenos Aires and Colonia which can be done with smaller vessels.

the owner of BQB is technically uruguayan like many other uruguayans nationals that were born elsewhere., no matter how far, in fact at some point in history more than half the population of montevideo had been born abroad.
btw I appreciate the stories about accidents (I hear they have happened elsewhere too!) and let me remind you all that I never suggested Buquebus was perfect, in fact just a few hours ago I referred to the "general unpleasantness" of the experience, but my bias toward ships and indeed catamarans aside, I still consider it pretty damn good for that part of the World. And I think most if not all the staff you meet at BQB is Uruguayan born and bred, you can tell not only by their accents which can change over time, but by their superior politeness and innate languor too.

If Argentina and Uruguay were both highly developed, First World countries, would it still be more cost-effective to run many short ferries between BA and Colonia and some ferries from BA to Montevideo, or would the economics allow for somewhat more ferry routes?

Coming to think of it, in such a situation (being more developed countries), there would be many more cars most probably, and those would create even more of a demand for more ferries - for example, one or two more boats going from BA to Colonia or Montevideo, but also a couple of whole additional ferry lines (most probably BA to Piriapolis or Punta del Este plus Montevideo to Punta Indio). I don't know if I might be right?

Are you both honestly suggesting the ferries follow the big canals marked in the chart i linked? If so how do they enter the port of colonia, the canal to the rio uruguay is quiet far from the port of colonia. the route is clearly marked on that chart, not technically straight but certainly not a sharp u turn. and i have sailed from zona norte to colonia more than a few times myself though I have not attained the rank of captain yet.

Matt it's really not important . What the canals shown in the chart depict. Buquebus follows a route marked by buoys
Suerte!

Back