Any Iranians? Wanted For Documentary On Culture.

First you said there " wasnt even an embassy ". Now you're saying you were " given information that it wasn't fully functioning ". Its either one or the other. You were lying basically. Sounds like youre looking for free labor. And who gave you this off the cuff false " information "? And why wouldn't you do your due diligence and check your facts before making a false statement? Is that what can be expected from your " documentaries ".

Why don't you ask something other than rhetorical questions?

I am not looking for free labor, nor for someone to find an Iranian for me. I am asking if anyone on this forum is an Iranian who wants to participate in a TV show, or has met someone from Iran. I use social media to find people to participate all the time, and as I said, there is payment if the person requests it--this is how we normally work. Some people are thrilled to be on TV, especially when they have a story to tell about injustice--I have had people thank me profusely for the films we have made of them.
Some people request payment for their time, others a fee because they add value to a program that is very special.
I sent you a PM jack offering to talk to you about how television interviews work. My name is Ginger Gentile, I am a real person with a production company opperates in an ethical manner. I am not forcing anyone to do anything they do not want to do.
You can learn more out our latest project, Goals for girls http://goalsforgirlsthemovie.org
Did anyone get paid to participate? No. But the girls were very happy that they could tell their stories, that the movie is getting them press and that we are working with them to help raise funds for the first female football club in Argentina, as well as fundraising to get the girls to see the film (not easy when they live in a Villa).

Regarding the embassy, it exists but it is without an embassador and also we were told that Manoto TV is not on friendly terms with the government. I am sorry if my writing in haste caused you to think that I am looking for people to work for free, and I stand corrected. I should have said--and a simple internet search will confirm this--that there is not a big Iranian comunity in Argentina, like the Syrian community or the Jewish community, to give some examples.

My invitation stands, pm me and we can chat about how TV works. I like clearing up misconception. I even have a blog about the film industry in Argentina to clear up misconceptions.

(on another note: husband looks over sholder and says "you mentioned Iran on a forum of Americans? They are going to go nuts!"--luckily only one person seems to be offended).

Back