Any Nice Hotels With Pool Area/bar/roof?

Don't go to Sheraton Retiro as it's not a hotel that caters to tourists of any kind, but rather a sort of international embassy that caters to the bodyguards of a menagerie of guests you wouldn't invite to your dinner table.
Do you speak from experience? Last time I was there, a few years ago, it was an excellent pool with, as far as I could tell, a nice group of people, mostly tourists.

I've thought of going again so that is why I ask.

Tom

Do you speak from experience? Last time I was there, a few years ago, it was an excellent pool with, as far as I could tell, a nice group of people, mostly tourists.

I've thought of going again so that is why I ask.

Tom

Yes most of the customers are misled tourists. Are you speaking of an actual outdoors pool that I don't know about?
I love the 70s/80s architecture, the views, but, and yes I do speak from experience, the attitude of the staff and the condition of some of the rooms is really quiet horrible, professional but off putting. I really do think it's the kind of hotel that offers more security than service and caters to people who would rather not be there, much like a 5 star hotel in some African capital.

Yes, there is a very nice outdoor pool, hard to miss. I actually stayed at the Park Tower, next door and attached to the Sheraton and spent time in both lobbies and the outdoor pool. Seemed to be a normal Sheraton hotel, kind of corporate but good staff and (I assume) great beds. I've been to Sheratons all over the world and they all seem to be pretty much the same. They are not a boutique hotel or a Ritz Carlton but always a good hotel. I'm sorry to hear this report from you that this one has gone down hill so acutely.

The Sheraton used to be a mess, even the lobby was run down but they went through a renovation a few years ago. Were the rooms not upgraded?

What is the cost of a day pass for the pool there?

the rooms of the adjoining tower are much nicer, yes, I don't doubt you had a pleasant stay.
At least by 2012 some of the rooms of the original pavilion were in deplorable state and I had to change rooms twice in a stay. In between stays I was denied having a taxi called when I found myself stranded in microcentro, or/and maybe the restrooms, and those are not the only isolated incidents but rather part of a pattern.
The staff in the lobby is anxious and paranoid from having so many celebrity and politician guests (so close to Villa 31). Unlike other Sheratons, the one in Buenos Aires reminds me of the only safe place of an African Capital, an establishment that acts as an unofficial embassy and whose staff is more trained in security than hospitality. The movie Hotel Rwanda comes to mind, but the staff at Hotel des Milles Colines is portrayed as being a lot friendlier than that of Sheraton at Retiro.

Not sure of your budget, but the pool at the Four Seasons is beautiful. I've never stayed there, but sometimes they have great spa specials and then you can use the pool all day!

Not sure of your budget, but the pool at the Four Seasons is beautiful. I've never stayed there, but sometimes they have great spa specials and then you can use the pool all day!
Four Season by La Recova ? (Cerrito y Posadas), the SPA is just OK, not great as I expected. An Argie friend recommended Castelar SPA and Hotel in Centro, I didn't know the male section could be a gay place, got followed by a few old dirty man there many years ago.

Yes the Four Seasons on Posadas. I went to the spa several times, and it was great. The pool is lovely, and never was very crowded. They make a decent hamburger, if you have the craving. It has been a couple of years since I went last, but they used to have spa specials in January. Get a quick massage and hang out at the pool!

Back