Any opinions on health insurance, Eurosalud and Hopital Italiano?

I would never pick an Argentine hospital over an Dutch one, not even if I live 40 years in Argentina.
Your comments on Argentine hospitals sound like we live in some jungle .

Carl, I believe you can get decent health insurance here if you have no serious pre-existing conditions. I agree that you would be much better off with an open plan such as Medicus, Omint etc rather than a plan that limits you to one hospital. As for Medicare, as I understand it, at age 65 all Americans are covered by the plan. What you are paying must be additional insurance for the 20% that the US government does not cover. If I were you I'd continue paying for the Medicare insurance so that you are fully covered. I agree that hospital care at the best institutions here (Instituto Diagnostico etc.) can be good and the attention may be more personal than in the US. If I had the choice, however, I'd prefer to have serious surgery at a major teaching hospital in the US (but I'd rather be treated here at the best hospitals than at a second rank hospital in the US). As I said, medical attention can be fine here but it's a fact that Argentines who can afford it often have surgery done at leading hospitals in the US.

Anyone who has had any experience with the Argentine medical system will realise that this is a excellent system available to everyone.
I have found them exemplary

Paul,
We have private notes functionality on this site. (User Panel -> My Notes)
If you want to ask somebody personal questions, could you please send him a private note directly?

I think a statement like he made is worthless without explanation and people like Chris are also reading this topic

To Paul:
No hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver......
If you have preconceived ideas then....it's useless debating the issue.
Good luck with the american system. I (and many others who lived in both countries) hated it. I don't miss GH and I would be insane to compare their people, service and technology to those of Otamendi, IADT, Suizo, Cemic etc. Should I be living in the USA, I would have travelled back home to have my children, which is what I keep suggesting to my sister. Just in case even in the USA, she chose an argentine obstetritian.

I have no experience with the American system. But I know enough of both countries to prefer the US one

To Paul:
No hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver......
If you have preconceived ideas then....it's useless debating the issue.
Well said b4 and Argentinian doctors and medical system is as good as any in the world if not better than most.
I for the life cannot understand someone contemplating moving to Argentina with these preconceived ideas of our society.

Back