Anyone Used The Service "miami A Tu Casa" ??

nobodyspecial,

1. It is not you who decide if you are or not an irregular immigrant, it is the State and its law. Sorry about that.
I don't know the future, I know the law.

2. Complain with who missadviced you.
You probably didn't mention you lack of papers when you asked for advice to the AR Embassy, right? The US Embassy? No comments.

3. Why didn't you try at the AFIP website? They have an on line chat. Well, here i m the Naive.

3. That person was the authority and he realized you were doing "ant" contraband, you were illegally staying here and behaving a little weird trying to get 5 packages without paying tax as fake gifts: contraband.

4. A felony? Seriously? They were nice because they have the power to arrest you and send you to immigration and the federal criminal court. An example?:

5. You have to be very carefull on how you behave with public officers because you cannot "enforce" the law, it is a crime (art. 237 CP). Only a lawyer can behave like a lawyer.

6. You asserted that they were fake gifts because you bought them (scientist instruments) in China. Right. Should i continue?

7. It was not the people at the post office who tried to intimidate you. Open your eyes. You were commiting an obvious and clumsy crime in front of public officers. They behave like you were a little child because otherwise they have the duty to arrest you.

8. I can bring as many packages as I want because I m a citizen (i applies to legal residents) who pay taxes and who declare the real cost of whatever i buy. When i go there i have the vep (receipt that i paid the tax, the affidavit done, etc). The package cannot cost over 999 usd mail included. I buy one thing at the time. I just read the law and I went one time without all the papers, I wait 2 hours and I asked nicely to the real source, the custom agent. He explained how does it works and that's it. Now I sent an employed.

In fact, I remember that just before you go in, on the wall there is a full explanation of the procedure and the paper work you need for dummies.

9. Your interpretation of the law (i lie and i buy stuff in China but i declare them as gifts) is naive (being too nice with you). You arrived 40 years late, locals had been doing that for long time. That is why now there are restrictions.

10. NSA? Really? I just read something called law, that is how I have the POWER to predict the future: you are clumsy and try to contraband declaring that someone in china sent you some gifts plus you behave like a customer complaing at Trader Joe. Have you seen the movie where two criminals try to robb the bar where police me go after work? You were lucky.

11. Again, you can receive 2 gifts that cost under 25 usd per year.

I've kept my membership in this forum because my wife and I will make periodic trips to BA to visit our granddaughter and I like to be informed about what's going ok in BA.

That said I have say this (well I don't reall have to but my personality says otherwise...). I've been participating in online discussion forums for a long long time and have never seen as many bitchy, whiny little babies as some of you come across in your comments.

A visitor or resident? Are you gainfully employed; do you still have a legal domicile, in your name in whatever country you came from? If you're a visitor what right do you have to ignore the laws of the country you're visiting? A resident? Have you gone through the legal process to become a legal (or lawful) resident or do yo call yourself a resident but haven't done anything legal about it?

If you are a visitor to Argentina then why are you acting like you are entitled to break the law? Is it because you are just visiting and think those laws shouldn't apply to you? If you fall in that category the shame on you; I'm an American; if I acted the way some of indicate you act when dealing with "the law" I'd be castigated as yet another "Ugly American" and booed of the island...

When I am a guest in another country It is my responsibility to respect the people, their laws,. Customs, and courtesies; blow them off and brag about it.

[/rantoff]

It s very possible that some basis for those enlightened laws exist since Isabelita s or The Leader's "mandate": the Ks did not invent isolation and irrationality in this country, they just democratized it para todos y para todas.

Bajo I asked once, now Im gonna ask again how did you get more than 2 packages in a year?

Answer the question,

Bajo I asked once, now Im gonna ask again how did you get more than 2 packages in a year?

Answer the question,

From what I understood, 2 packages worth under $25 (each or in total, not sure) can be received as gifts, aka no tax...you can always receive more but paying the tax

From what I understood, 2 packages worth under $25 (each or in total, not sure) can be received as gifts, aka no tax...you can always receive more but paying the tax

That was my understanding too, but no you can only receive 2 packages per year. I had 4 packages at their post office in La Plata I was willing to pay the taxes, but they said no the other 2 packages would be sent back. Turns out that was a lie too, they never sent them back. Instead they "AUCTIONED" them.

I went to the head of the Aduanna in the area and was told only 2 packages per year! you cant pay taxes, you just cant receive more than 2 packages per year!

If they were auctioned, then they were confiscated for being contraband. Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The mail comes with an afgidavit that, in your case, said "present". Then, your affidavit i guess it said "present". So, then, you can bring 2 packages per year. You cannot later said: "well, it didn't worked out, so, ok, i want to pay taxes" because uou are confessing that you lied in an affidavit before a federal authorithy. It is a crime, helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I replied you many times so now i m going to be explicit: you are an illegal here and you cannot pay the tax because you don't have a social security number.

I m a citizen and i can pay the 50% tax using my account at the local IRS. The afgidavif that comes with my packages says 800. Usd. My affidavit days 800 usd. I have also to show some other evidence like the print of e bay o something alike. They can double check it using some CIA secret tools like google. Then i show the VEP that shows i paid 400 usd at official exchange rate. Then they check with the scan that what i declare is what is inside the box.
In my case, the custom agent practize kendo, so he knows a lot about katanas, accesories and its prices. He is very nice because he knows that i m not behaving like he is an idiot declaring 25 usd for a katana replica that cost 800 usd.

So, again, i m also a local lawyer and i can understand the law, you have shown to be very clumsy about that. How the F....k do you think you can do this better than a professional?

And again, that officer gave you what we call "a friend's advice" so you can stop trying to contraband because if in someother time there is someone else bitchy there, you are going to learn by the dificult way how the criminal law is enforced.

Why is so difficult for you to understand something so simple?

Without being a lawyer you should all know by now, that is illegal to receive anything in Argentina, except a letter. If you really can't avoid, prepare yourself on paying a lot of money and wasting a day for getting anything (maybe). I have all the papers to be here, I'm paying my taxes but still is too hard and costly to deal with such things.

It's true it's the law and we have to respect it, but we all know is bad one and everyone is allowed to complain about it (I also got a lot of knowledge through complaints, much more than from official sources...).

I had just been in the country less than a month, Im a visitor thats what the law says. As for being bitchy Im not, Im mearly stating facts of what transpired, Bajo is wrong.

I hadn't declared any of the items GIFTS. I had 2 packages of clothes that arrived right after me, along with an instrument for measuring EMF, radio waves, which I was prepared to pay the taxes on but they said I didnt have too because the value was below 25 dollars. he has twisted that fact over and over trying to make it look like I was doing something wrong.

I dont know if he has a language translation problem, or comprehension problem, but obviously he doesnt get that point or is out to vilify me no matter what the facts of the case were. That is his problem and makes him look bad for anyone following this using logic instead of emotions.

The christmas presents, I bought them and was prepared to pay the taxes.

The law states legal citizens can only receive 2 packages a year. Before you all gang up on me to castigate me, maybe you should read the law. I have no problem abiding by any countries laws I visit.

But people read the law concerning packages, its states citizens of Argentina can only bring in 2 packages per year, paying taxes or not!

Again Bajo buddy your twisting the facts of the case. I was prepared to pay any taxes and told them that. They made me go get a cuil taking hours of my time, saying that I could pay the taxes then because at first they said because I was a visitor I had no way of paying, so i went and got the cuil.

The people at the post office started trying to intimidate me because I wouldn't leave without talking to a supervisor, they wanted me to wait 2 more weeks, after waiting 3 weeks before, because someone was too lazy to look for the packages .I simply asked for a supervisor then she committed a felony saying she worked for immigration, which she did not. She asked to inspect my passport, I told her I had just arrived here in the last ninety days and hadn't been here in years..

So again your statements have no basis in facts or legality, your trying to twist the facts to fit your agenda.

As i said read the law, it says legal citizens can only receive 2 packages per year paying taxes or not!

If they were auctioned, then they were confiscated for being contraband. Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The mail comes with an afgidavit that, in your case, said "present". Then, your affidavit i guess it said "present". So, then, you can bring 2 packages per year. You cannot later said: "well, it didn't worked out, so, ok, i want to pay taxes" because uou are confessing that you lied in an affidavit before a federal authorithy. It is a crime, helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I replied you many times so now i m going to be explicit: you are an illegal here and you cannot pay the tax because you don't have a social security number.

I m a citizen and i can pay the 50% tax using my account at the local IRS. The afgidavif that comes with my packages says 800. Usd. My affidavit days 800 usd. I have also to show some other evidence like the print of e bay o something alike. They can double check it using some CIA secret tools like google. Then i show the VEP that shows i paid 400 usd at official exchange rate. Then they check with the scan that what i declare is what is inside the box.
In my case, the custom agent practize kendo, so he knows a lot about katanas, accesories and its prices. He is very nice because he knows that i m not behaving like he is an idiot declaring 25 usd for a katana replica that cost 800 usd.

So, again, i m also a local lawyer and i can understand the law, you have shown to be very clumsy about that. How the F....k do you think you can do this better than a professional?

And again, that officer gave you what we call "a friend's advice" so you can stop trying to contraband because if in someother time there is someone else bitchy there, you are going to learn by the dificult way how the criminal law is enforced.

Why is so difficult for you to understand something so simple?

Your wrong! read the law, and read my above response
Without being a lawyer you should all know by now, that is illegal to receive anything in Argentina, except a letter. If you really can't avoid, prepare yourself on paying a lot of money and wasting a day for getting anything (maybe). I have all the papers to be here, I'm paying my taxes but still is too hard and costly to deal with such things.

It's true it's the law and we have to respect it, but we all know is bad one and everyone is allowed to complain about it (I also got a lot of knowledge through complaints, much more than from official sources...).

I was prepared to pay, but was told NO one can buy off the internet and receive more that 2 packages per year weather you pay taxes or not. They said the law was inacted to protect local businesses, I was shown the law that states that fact, after I spoke with the official who is in charge of Aduanna in La Plata.

My point is how is Bajo breaking that law, the law is for all citizens right?

Back